Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibotia View Post
Well, Trumbull starts the part of Connecticut that becomes "the rich suburbs of New York" like Fairfield, Westport and Greenwich. Bridgeport is right on the border of Trumbull and is a pretty nasty city, with the highest homicide rate in CT and a lot of abandoned buildings. There are some decent parts of it, but most of it is pretty awful. So it tends to be mocked by people from the nicer part of the state. In theory it's actually kinda awful, but I only do it in friendly jest; my best friend is from Bridgeport, along with several other good friends.

Actually, I would take Bridgeport over most of the rich jerks that live in the "nice" part of the state.

Actually Bridgeport is the 3rd highest in the state. New Haven being first and Hartford being second. As well, Trumbull doesn't really "start" the part of CT that becomes "the rich suburbs of New York". Being 32 miles from New York itself, you have to get thru the richest part of the state to get to Trumbull. Places like Byram and Cos Cob and Greenwich, that have Rolls Royce, Bentley, and Ferrari dealers on every corner.

Now I'm not saying that Bridgeport isn't bad. IT IS !!!! But it's only some of it that's bad. The worst "ghetto" area was torn down many years ago and since then it has been coming back. But a previous mayor did admit to snorting cocaine, while in office, another was charged in some fraud and tax evasion stuff and the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by limnologist View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA I want you all to know this is very amusing to read.

More so than the threads you self admittedly start looking for heated arguments ?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
I want something like that! I know my cat screws with my tank when I'm at work... i know it!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very easy to do Brookster !!! Mine run on 110 and wireless to the monitor. From there, I've got it linked into my computer and can view it thru Skype or the manufacturers app.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemanone2003 View Post
Actually Bridgeport is the 3rd highest in the state. New Haven being first and Hartford being second. As well, Trumbull doesn't really "start" the part of CT that becomes "the rich suburbs of New York". Being 32 miles from New York itself, you have to get thru the richest part of the state to get to Trumbull. Places like Byram and Cos Cob and Greenwich, that have Rolls Royce, Bentley, and Ferrari dealers on every corner.

Now I'm not saying that Bridgeport isn't bad. IT IS !!!! But it's only some of it that's bad. The worst "ghetto" area was torn down many years ago and since then it has been coming back. But a previous mayor did admit to snorting cocaine, while in office, another was charged in some fraud and tax evasion stuff and the list goes on.

When I say it starts in Trumbull, what I mean is that after Trumbull, heading towards NYC, it mostly gets richer and "nicer" till you hit Greenwich. Before Trumbull you have Bridgeport and then not too far from there is New Haven. Trumbull is sort of right between the sketchy coastal cities and the snobby rich suburbs.

I could have sworn Bridgeport was #1 in homicides, but maybe that was just a few years ago or something. I thought I read it in the CT Post somewhere. In any case, I like living in a place now where violent crime increased 400%....from 3 violent crimes to 12 Only thing I miss about CT is how many better fish stores there were...
Old 10-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
When I say it starts in Trumbull, what I mean is that after Trumbull, heading towards NYC, it mostly gets richer and "nicer" till you hit Greenwich. Before Trumbull you have Bridgeport and then not too far from there is New Haven. Trumbull is sort of right between the sketchy coastal cities and the snobby rich suburbs.

I could have sworn Bridgeport was #1 in homicides, but maybe that was just a few years ago or something. I thought I read it in the CT Post somewhere. In any case, I like living in a place now where violent crime increased 400%....from 3 violent crimes to 12 Only thing I miss about CT is how many better fish stores there were...
I know New Haven is CT's heroin capital... The abandoned mental hospital that takes up a whole neighborhood is pretty fun to explore- just don't get caught, lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app
ktomminello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh and ditto on the fish stores

Old 10-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktomminello View Post
Oh and ditto on the fish stores

You think you've got it bad in southern Maine? Try central Maine :P We've got Petco and Petsmart in Bangor, and Vance's in Bucksport. That's practically it.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
You think you've got it bad in southern Maine? Try central Maine :P We've got Petco and Petsmart in Bangor, and Vance's in Bucksport. That's practically it.
Oh no, I don't think it's bad down here for pet stores- I live near the seacoast New Hampshire region and live fairly close to a couple of the better lfs'... But there is absolutely no comparison- once you hit southern NH into MA and CT there are incredible fish suppliers seemingly on every corner

Old 10-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktomminello View Post
I know New Haven is CT's heroin capital... The abandoned mental hospital that takes up a whole neighborhood is pretty fun to explore- just don't get caught, lol

Now that you said that, it made me think of some other abandoned places and got sidetracked on stupid iPad. Yeah just don't get caught, lol !!! Oh look at the monkey !!

Old 10-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemanone2003 View Post
Now that you said that, it made me think of some other abandoned places and got sidetracked on stupid iPad. Yeah just don't get caught, lol !!! Oh look at the monkey !!

Not like it's a hard to find them in bridgeport
Sorry, that one was just set up too perfectly.
This thread just keeps getting more and more off topic- is it even aquaria off topic anymore?

Tags
20 gallon, gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com