What would YOU do with a new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a 55 gallon and a 45 gallon. They came with a stand do the 45 fits under the 55. I'm not exactly asking for advice on what I should stock them with, I just want to know what YOU would do with them. (stock, scape, whatever) :) here's a pic.

Attachments

• image-1315559185.jpg
    image-1315559185.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 81
I would get another stand and make one a rocky cichlid tank and the other a planted tank.

If there's not enough room for another stand then I would make one of them a sump

Or a vivarium...if one don't hold water

Well with the 45 i would get a pair of gbr and a pair of apistogramas. Then get about ten neon tetras and three rainbows. And maybe a school of glass catfish.
I would have it heavily planted with t5 plant lights or whatever they are lol. A little rock cave for the GBR. Probably sand for substrate.

With the 55 i would get three discus and have it planted so that the plants only grow to about mid way up the tank and have it full of red cherry shrimp and ghost shrimp. I would also have about 7 corys.

Or

The 55 would have 3in of sand and i would get about 10 similis, multis, or whatever shell dweller you like. Then have a rock pile in each back corner and get 2-4 julis.

Both aweaome ideas :) I'm thinking 55 cichlid tank and 45 community with small schooling fish and maybe a couple of angels. (think the water would be deep enough for angels?)

Ok theres some more info to go on. What type of ciclids for the 55. New world? Old world? I know nothing about angels but you could probably get a pair of angels.
So for the 45 go with a pair of angels one Gbr or apisto. 5-7 any type of schooling fish you want 5 cory.

In the 45 yes I think that would be perfect for a pair of big angels. But be warned if you get a breeding pair they have been known to sometimes get aggressive when they have babies and will dominate 75% of the tank

Ok. I'll keep that in mind... I need to look up how to tell their gender now :p

I'd put a brackish puffer in the 55 and breed his food down below!

in the 45 I would have a bunch of schooling fish like tetras and in the 55 I would do some sort of cichlids I personnally like angels

I would make it saltwater with the 45 being a sump.

Freshwater-
55- planted
2 angels
2 German blue rams
2 apistos
12 cories
10 Congo tetras
10 giant danios

45-
5 cories
6 kuhli loaches
3 guppies
2 pearl gouramis
2 Bolivians
10 neons

gave the 45 gal to my brother. he wants goldfish, so I'll probably get him three fantails or something... gonna do African cichlids for the 55. hopefully some labs and peacocks

Back
Top Bottom