What's so great about Fluval Edge aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw some fluval edge aquariums at petsmart today. I thought they were kinda neat, so I looked at the price tag on a 6 gallon. I was shocked! Over $100 for a 6 gallon aquarium! I'm wondering, besides the fact that they look cool, is there any reason those things are so expensive? I mean, you could get 2 of those or a 75 gallon tank!!!!!

Wow. There is absolutely no way someone will find me buying one of those. Rather save up an extra hundred or so and get a 75 gallon cichlid tank!:D

Just the cost of a designer tank. Look at the price of ada's rimless tanks. It's definitely not the most economical route but considering that most people use these as furniture pieces they like to splurge on stuff that looks unique.

I only got mine because it was half price. (and worked out the same as buying tank/filter/light seperately)

I also saw one on another LFS for THREE times what I paid. :O

I only got mine because it was half price. (and worked out the same as buying tank/filter/light seperately)

I also saw one on another LFS for THREE times what I paid. :O

Getting it half price makes a little bit more sense. After all, it is cool looking. I just thought when I saw the price, "Who pays over a hundred bucks for a 6 gallon tank?!?!?!"

I paid $100 for an 8 gallon tank once, but it was a Biocube 8 that is able to support a low light reef right out of the box. The Edge is cool looking, but the included equipment is nothing special. It's just more fashionable looking than other tanks.

Why do people pay 50$ a polyp of a designer zoa? Or a few years before 100$ an acan? Or even now with LEDs? Just a phase, it'll past and they'll be cheap or unheard of.

Why do people pay 50$ a polyp of a designer zoa? Or a few years before 100$ an acan? Or even now with LEDs? Just a phase, it'll past and they'll be cheap or unheard of.

Yeah, like those overpriced, tiny GloFish aquariums. Just a fad. I saw one a few days ago and the blue LEDs make it actually harder to see the color of the fish.

My last fluval came to £329. The shops don't sell their own brand of aquariums, just designer ones where I live

Including decor, fish, plants it came to about £550 English money. Imagine what that is in dollars!

Back
Top Bottom