What's special about your State?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TraceyB4602

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm from Rhode Island and in RI you can get 2 things that aren't found in any other state, Del's lemonade and coffee milk.

Del's is a frozen slush lemonade that is sold at ice cream places zoo's and the beaches. It is the Best lemonade I have ever had. In the summer there is nothing better than a slushy Del's lemonade. They make other flavors like cherry and watermelon but the OG is the best.

And coffee milk. It's syrup like chocolate syrup but made to taste like coffee. Autocrat is the only kind, there are imitations but nothing like Autocrat. I have found the syrup around MA too but it's a rarity.

So what's special about your State?

Massachusetts. Nuff said:cool:.

Hahahaha just play'n. Well there is so much I don't know where to start but a few are we got Fenway Park, Plymouth Rock and the first Dunkin Donuts ever. Basically in that order.

Corn and pigs. (BACON!!)

Iowa sucks for fishkeeping though. There aren't any lfs in my area. I have to go like half an hour away for my fish.

Okay, well, I guess the countryside is the best part about Iowa. I can have horses, which I show. And big dogs, they get lots of room to run around. So, yeah.

Home of the World Champion San Francisco Giants!

That and lots of sun (but we have to pay extra for it lol), the 8th largest economy in the world and some of the best LFS whose name doesn't start with Pet...

Oopps, forgot to say California! lol. But I think the GIANTS! gave that away.

Massachusetts. Nuff said:cool:.

Hahahaha just play'n. Well there is so much I don't know where to start but a few are we got Fenway Park, Plymouth Rock and the first Dunkin Donuts ever. Basically in that order.

What part of MA? If its near Aburn I highly advise you to visit a fish store named Krystal Clear Aquatics ( Krystal Clear Aquatics). They are the best fish store around for salties and freshies.

What part of MA? If its near Aburn I highly advise you to visit a fish store named Krystal Clear Aquatics ( Krystal Clear Aquatics). They are the best fish store around for salties and freshies.

Sorry Auburn is out there for me but I have been known to take a journy to check out a new fish stores. I live in Boston, I have a few great places I go to and two of em are out of the way but I know the guys and i trust em. One is in Quincy called Lovely Pets, the owner will help you out with anything and really stand by his stuff. And the other two are right over the New Hampshire line in Salem. Jay's aquatics and Oceans In Glass. They both go it all. But I will deffinately check out Krystal Clear if you recommend em.

Sorry Auburn is out there for me but I have been known to take a journy to check out a new fish stores. I live in Boston, I have a few great places I go to and two of em are out of the way but I know the guys and i trust em. One is in Quincy called Lovely Pets, the owner will help you out with anything and really stand by his stuff. And the other two are right over the New Hampshire line in Salem. Jay's aquatics and Oceans In Glass. They both go it all. But I will deffinately check out Krystal Clear if you recommend em.
I want to say I have been to lovely pets. My and the bf were bored one day and ventured for fish stores and think this one one of them... It was very very pricey. They had a ton of things but to buy any of it at the cost would have killed me.

Here in California I get easy (sort of) access to Pacific livestock, and the livestock I get tends to be cheaper. 99 cent peppermint shrimp? 8 dollar clownfish? Sweet! They all tend to acclimate quite quickly too for whatever reason.

Sadly things like Ricordea and red sea natives are bumped up, but there are a LOT of aquaculturers in CA so there are a ton of fish stores that have just about everything.

California weather aint too bad either:dance: .

Chicago IL is my home town. Best pizza in the world, Wrigley Field, Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, the Shedd Aquarium, and we used to have the coolest airport in the world (Meigs Field) until Daley tore it up in the middle of the night (but not before I logged about 12 landings there!!).

I want to say I have been to lovely pets. My and the bf were bored one day and ventured for fish stores and think this one one of them... It was very very pricey. They had a ton of things but to buy any of it at the cost would have killed me.

Yeah he ain't cheap that's for sure but it's near by and I built up a trust with the guy so it's kinda tough not to go there cuz you know what you're get'n. Plus he hooks me up on stuff cuz I go there alot. Maybe you should try those two places in Salem New Hampshire, It ain't too bad price wise and it's tax free. oceans in glass got this awesome Fiji Ultra live rock. i hooked my tank up with it and it's real nice. All purple here's a pic when I first got it go'n.

Attachments

• Rocks.JPG
    Rocks.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Tank Rock.jpg
    Tank Rock.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 48
Georgia... Boiled peanuts... And about the only place in the U.S. Where fireworks can't rise above 6 feet... So we go to south Carolina, get the good ones, and come back down lol. Also, savannah is great! Such pretty beaches, and the home of Juliet gorden Lowe (founder of girl scouts.) my great great grandma used to take my great grandma to tea with her.

Chicago IL is my home town. Best pizza in the world, Wrigley Field, Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, the Shedd Aquarium, and we used to have the coolest airport in the world (Meigs Field) until Daley tore it up in the middle of the night (but not before I logged about 12 landings there!!).

Sorry but I gotta disagree on the pizza comment but I'll give ya the rest.:D

Oh my gosh... I forgot the most important place in Georgia!!! The Georgia aquarium!!! Biggest aquarium in the world!

Back
Top Bottom