Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What's special about your State?

So I'm from Rhode Island and in RI you can get 2 things that aren't found in any other state, Del's lemonade and coffee milk.

Del's is a frozen slush lemonade that is sold at ice cream places zoo's and the beaches. It is the Best lemonade I have ever had. In the summer there is nothing better than a slushy Del's lemonade. They make other flavors like cherry and watermelon but the OG is the best.

And coffee milk. It's syrup like chocolate syrup but made to taste like coffee. Autocrat is the only kind, there are imitations but nothing like Autocrat. I have found the syrup around MA too but it's a rarity.

So what's special about your State?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Massachusetts. Nuff said.

Hahahaha just play'n. Well there is so much I don't know where to start but a few are we got Fenway Park, Plymouth Rock and the first Dunkin Donuts ever. Basically in that order.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Corn and pigs. (BACON!!)

Iowa sucks for fishkeeping though. There aren't any lfs in my area. I have to go like half an hour away for my fish.

Okay, well, I guess the countryside is the best part about Iowa. I can have horses, which I show. And big dogs, they get lots of room to run around. So, yeah.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Home of the World Champion San Francisco Giants!

That and lots of sun (but we have to pay extra for it lol), the 8th largest economy in the world and some of the best LFS whose name doesn't start with Pet...

Oopps, forgot to say California! lol. But I think the GIANTS! gave that away.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike73 View Post
Massachusetts. Nuff said.

Hahahaha just play'n. Well there is so much I don't know where to start but a few are we got Fenway Park, Plymouth Rock and the first Dunkin Donuts ever. Basically in that order.
What part of MA? If its near Aburn I highly advise you to visit a fish store named Krystal Clear Aquatics ( Krystal Clear Aquatics). They are the best fish store around for salties and freshies.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Indiana - basketball and corn And I LOVE it. haha
Old 05-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyB4602 View Post
What part of MA? If its near Aburn I highly advise you to visit a fish store named Krystal Clear Aquatics ( Krystal Clear Aquatics). They are the best fish store around for salties and freshies.
Sorry Auburn is out there for me but I have been known to take a journy to check out a new fish stores. I live in Boston, I have a few great places I go to and two of em are out of the way but I know the guys and i trust em. One is in Quincy called Lovely Pets, the owner will help you out with anything and really stand by his stuff. And the other two are right over the New Hampshire line in Salem. Jay's aquatics and Oceans In Glass. They both go it all. But I will deffinately check out Krystal Clear if you recommend em.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike73 View Post
Sorry Auburn is out there for me but I have been known to take a journy to check out a new fish stores. I live in Boston, I have a few great places I go to and two of em are out of the way but I know the guys and i trust em. One is in Quincy called Lovely Pets, the owner will help you out with anything and really stand by his stuff. And the other two are right over the New Hampshire line in Salem. Jay's aquatics and Oceans In Glass. They both go it all. But I will deffinately check out Krystal Clear if you recommend em.
I want to say I have been to lovely pets. My and the bf were bored one day and ventured for fish stores and think this one one of them... It was very very pricey. They had a ton of things but to buy any of it at the cost would have killed me.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Here in California I get easy (sort of) access to Pacific livestock, and the livestock I get tends to be cheaper. 99 cent peppermint shrimp? 8 dollar clownfish? Sweet! They all tend to acclimate quite quickly too for whatever reason.

Sadly things like Ricordea and red sea natives are bumped up, but there are a LOT of aquaculturers in CA so there are a ton of fish stores that have just about everything.

California weather aint too bad either .

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Chicago IL is my home town. Best pizza in the world, Wrigley Field, Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, the Shedd Aquarium, and we used to have the coolest airport in the world (Meigs Field) until Daley tore it up in the middle of the night (but not before I logged about 12 landings there!!).

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spec

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com