What's the name of your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None of my fish liked the names I gave them, so now I just call them by the common names.

Naso Tang - Tango, Valentini Puffer - Diddy, Lawn Mower Blenny - Al, Pajama Cardinal - PJ:)

We have a 6 inch pleco I call Gonzo because he goes gonzo when I'm doing a water change. He actually attacks the siphon.

We have a red and orange male betta I call Pyros. Our cobalt blue pair of bettas, the male is Azure and the female is Cyan.

All the other fish are called the "finned pack" I'm not too original. ;)

But I am trying to think of something for a black, red and teal male betta, a silver and purple male betta and a peacock colored half moon tail betta. Ideas anyone?

My mom has a male betta she named Masta Betta, cracks me up every time. Apparently I am her son I named my pleco Saigon Sally lol.

Oh and I have a rainbow shark named Land Shark after a jumping incident. Out of my platies only two are named a fire sunset male named Captain Testosterone (he's the horniest most aggresive platy you will ever see) and a female mickey mouse named Minnie.

My Beta is the only one named in my tank at this time and I named him " Mr Holiday"! Why,..... well, because when I chose him at the store, I told him that he was going to take a long holiday from the little cup he was living in! Also, I picked him up just over a week before I was to leave on holidays, so " Mr. Holiday" is his name! He seems to be really enjoying his 33 gals worth of territory! lol

my pictus cat is whisky cuz of his wiscers. my khulis are both named coolio 1 and coolio 2.

My mom and I name most of our fish. We've had an assortment of bettas: Wong Foo, Ed Zackary (both passed now), Khan, and the Ing sisters (Ling, Ming, and Ping). We had a BN named Howard, as in Howard Hughes due to his reclusive and cranky attitude. I have three otos named Sum, Esse, and Fui.

I have only named two fish in my life. My favorite guppy ever, meegosh. He has since passed on but he did his dirty deed before he died. A month after he died one of my females dropped a batch of fry. Most got ate but one survived and it looks almost identical to meegosh (RIP) so I promptly named him Meegosh Jr, or MJ for short. So meegosh's legacy still lives on to this day. He is currently the only fish (I have kuhli's and cories in it too) in my 10g.

Edit: I did name one more I guess, my synodontis eupterus was dubbed Fat B*stard (from Austin Powers). He is huge, not only in length, but he is ROUND!

Last edited:
I'm glad to see my wife isn't the only person that names fish. I've got a pictus cat named Zeke and a striped raphael cat named Chester. I used to have an otto cat named Waldo because he was always hard to find.

I love naming my fish (lol i have lots of fish too).
55 gal Comunity tank:
Albino Oscar-Opal
Tiger Oscar-The Water Pig(for now atleast lol)
Kissing Guarmi-George
2 Giant Danios (i think thats wat they are)- The Twins
Electic Yellow Cichlid-Lightning
Blue Cichlid-Thunder
3 Plecos-Three Amigoes
#1 10 gal:
female guppies (idk how many)-Girlies
some tetras (idk wat they are)-No Names
#2 10 gal:
male guppies (again idk how many)-Pretty Boys
guppie fry-No Names
#3 10 gal:
Black Bubble Eye Goldfish-Dusty
#4 10 gal:
nothing in there....yet lol
5 gal tank of my little brother:
young female betta-Sky
guppy fry-No names
1 gal hexagon:
male betta-Velvet
1 gal corner tank:
female betta-Ruby
1 gal bowl:
male crowntail betta-Blizzard
1 gal bowl:
female betta-Gem

Omg

A friend of mine of mine asked me when I first got my first tank what my fishes names were. She suggested ex g/f's names, I said I would need a bigger tank. :confused:

The two fish that are named are Bluey (have to say it like the little girl from Interview with the Vampire says "Louis")... and the beast of a Chinese Algae Eater "Dude"... Kept on looking over and was like "Dude you are getting big" "Dude you're freaking huge".

Oh my Dizzcat, you went through a lot of trouble...lol
My siamese fighter is named Kung Pow - cos that's exactly what happens to all the other fish if they get "all up in his g(r)ill". (I crack myself up)
My angel fish is the BFG (big friendly giant) cos even though he's the biggest in the tank he's still the one that always gets picked on, nipped, etc
My albino shark is named Bruce (said in an Australian accent) like in finding nemo - and ironically he's also a vegetarian although I have seen him gnaw on a fin or two.
The 2 silver mollies are called Dum Dum - consecutively
And my one swordtip is called Harvey Wall Banger - and that's pretty self explanatory.

my only fish now is named crushyfish, hence my profile name. He is a Midas cichlid and very cute and very orange!

My fiance had taken it upon herself to name some of our fish. My red zebras are named "goldfish", because they are red... hmmm. The fish in "her" tank have some funny names too. All 12 of the zebra danios are called larry... the two fiddler crabs are crabert, and all 5 of the cory's are called cory lol... so when it comes feeding time, she always likes to feed all the larry's because they are always the first to eat

lol. it would take me years to name my fish. and as lot of them look exactly the same, so id get confused.

Back
Top Bottom