What's the name of your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. Fherly is the male platey I have left. He is in a tank with three females so I wanted a name that would fit :)

I also gave my pale Angel a name (tossing back and forth between Death and Pestilence). When my new 30g is cycled I want to bring together the 4 Angelfish of the Apocalypse (Death, Famine, Pestilence, and Famine)... Some reason I was in a twisted mood when that idea hit me a few days ago and I want to run with it. :moon:

And likely very fitting names for angels as they are really far from being anything but angels. :p

I have to add to my names. I got a betta and his name is Diablo Rojo, because he has an attitude problem and he is blood red. I have only named 2 of the dwarf gourami, Gimli and Willow...I need 2 more dwarf names! And the loaches are named Crazy, Speedy and Hyper.

Dude is still being a mean Chinese Algae Eater. Detached a plant from the driftwood while I was at work last night.

I'm new to the forum, but when I saw the title of this thread I couldn't resist posting! I thoroughly enjoy naming all of my fish haha! That's half the fun for me.

Female Convict Cichlid: Madam Mystic Fifi Dubois
Hi Fin Spotted Pleco: Fabio #3

Green Spotted Puffer- Gizmo! (He prefers to live alone!)

Fancy Goldfish tank: Lucy, Ricky, Fred, Ethyl, and Ricky Jr. (hi-fin spotted pleco)

Bettas: Prince Mongo (local crazy politician here in Memphis), Vapor, Coltrane

African Dwarf Frog: Carlye

80 gallon:
Common Pleco (15+ yrs old) - Scare
GloFish - Lemonjello, Pinky (Brain & Orangejello died of old age)
Ghost/Glass Catfish - Grim & Reaper
Cherry Barbs - Winkin', Blinkin', Nod
Lemon Tetras- Little Fish, Medium Fish, Big Fish
Angel Fish - Anna
Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami- Octavious
(will be adding more to my 80 gallon eventually)

80g brackish: Two dragon gobys: Tatsu (japanese for dragon) and Ryuu (japanese for dragon spirit)

3g betta: Mau'dib (aka Dude). If you've ever seen Dune you know who Mau'dib is.

5.5 divided betta male/female, both blue: female is cyan male is azur

20g divided betta tank: orangeish red male: pyros. none of the others have names

55g cichlid: common pleco named gonzo. Still trying to name the catfish.

No other fish have names.

120 SW
Algae Blenny = Rocky
Yellow Tank = Bubbles
Percula Clowns = Nemo & Marlin
Blood Red Fir Shrimp = Whiskers
Fire fish Gobies = Thom & Jerry

We only named the very first 2 fish we put in.... 2 platys called Peter and Paul.
We eventually found out that Paul was actually a 'Paula' cuz Pete got her pregnant!!!

I only named one of my Columbian Sharks...the name...Shark Diesel...he is built like Shaq Diesel ;)

I've named my fighter tiger and I have clown fish lily and mini

My common pleco is named "Speckles" (by my fiance and sister). Since that sounded very weak for such a strong specimen as he, I named my bushynose pleco "Tank" to kind of make up for the name "Speckles". My mom likes to call him "Uggo" though because she thinks he is ugly, in a cute way. (If that makes sense lol)

i love this thread! i am getting some great name ideas..
Here are my fish
the cichlid crew:
Electri blue Johannii: Johan or Fidget Britches
Mrs Johan: Stumpy
Black red Moorii: Sid vicious fishus
Yellow Lab: Mohawk
Jewels, Mr and Mrs: spot and dot
red Zebras: i still can't decide on a name, because they just don't seem right. I have had a few but they don't stick
Acei: Joey

Then the community tank. They aren't really named, but they get "jacka.." a lot. Like seriously, did you just get stuck in the GRASS? Jacka..

The male molly sometimes gets Ivana (Humpalot) But i can't keep names straight for them.. It's mostly the fat one, or the mickey mouse over there or Clown features.. you know.

fish names

I bought quite a few comet goldies to get my tank started and ended up with just 1 of the original group and one minnow. then bought 3 larger comets once the tank was cycled. my son decided they needed names.

the small comet goldie is "Tiny Tim" he is really small like 1 inch
the minnow is "Fastie Thinstripe"
of the larger comets one is mostly gold and thus named "Goldie"
the other just have a spot of gold on the top of their head, they are the twins
"Millie and Vanilli"

I bought quite a few comet goldies to get my tank started and ended up with just 1 of the original group and one minnow. then bought 3 larger comets once the tank was cycled. my son decided they needed names.

the small comet goldie is "Tiny Tim" he is really small like 1 inch
the minnow is "Fastie Thinstripe"
of the larger comets one is mostly gold and thus named "Goldie"
the other just have a spot of gold on the top of their head, they are the twins
"Millie and Vanilli"
This is a good post to end using fish to cycle a tank. Fishless is the way to go as far as cycling your AQ.
This is a fun thread, but we need to also learn what's good and what's barbaric.

honestly I don't like being called barbaric. I understand how you feel about killing fish and maybe I was a little arrogant to think I could cycle the tank without losing any, but to call someone barbaric in their first endeavor to even have an aquarium is a little harsh.
No I won't ever cycle a tank with live fish again, for one it not worth the headache, and two my son didn't like the fish dying. but don't think that you had anything to do with that. I do think it is unethical. And don't like killing fish. I was just a little naive I guess, geez its my first tank.

Back
Top Bottom