What's the name of your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only fish I had a name for wasn't actually a fish it was a mystery snail. He was named Sam Snail, lol.

Otherwise it's based on characteristics. Like the guppy with the cool tail, or the pregnant one.

Pleko- F*cker
Red Oscar- Hunter or Oscar 1.0
Albino Oscar- Killer or Oscar 2.0

HAHA@ the Pleco name Jersey! ROFL!
My BGK's name is Elvis, because before we bought any background for his tank, we cut up an Elvis calendar and taped it back there. And now that he has moved to his 70G tank, I can say Elvis has left the 20G!

I only name certain fish. Such as my goby is called pig, my mom started calling him that because he is a pig when eating.

I was given a tank with a flowehorn cichlid in it a little over a week ago. First thng I did was name it Steve. After some research it Turns out Steve is a female flowerhorn... Oops. The name is sticking though.

Right now my tank is kind of empty but I have a Zombie, Nikki, Elisha and Gina

My mom has a male betta she named Masta Betta, cracks me up every time.
Hahahahaha! Love it! Mind if I use that if I ever get another betta? haha:biglol:

I now have 2 small Acei I kept from a batch my female released a few months ago. They are still really small and I call them "Number 1 and Number 2". Each one stays on one side of the tank, that is how I tell. LOL

I have a pretty new blue Peacock that I have not named yet. Been tossing names but none seem to fit yet. He is still really small. I also have an unknown (hybrid) that I named Zee, because she is pure silver and shows dark silver bars at times, thus Zee as in Zebra.

Yes, I write the names down because I forget at times and have to look at my list LOL

Edit: I know! I will name my Peacock Frier Tuck, because he is a Sciaenochromis fryeri! Actually he's not a Peacock but a Hap.

So, from now on he is Tuck :)

my electric blue jack dempsy is called little jack dempsy... my one guppie is called strawberry and some others are called blueberry... and my gold fish are called goldie and whitey and my 2 red tailed sharkes are called larry and moe.. LOL i actually have too many guppies to name them all.. they worse then rabbits... and i have a new black skirt tetra.. no name yet...

i just renamed my crabs... they used to both be "crabbert" compliments of my fiance, but after watching one catch a fish and eat it, i named one Michael Myers, and the other Jason... And theyre both being re-homed very soon....

Twisty the Amazing Spinadifita Fish died. Leaving with Bluey and Dude.

A female friend of mine had the idea for me to name them after ex-girlfriends but that is just plain wrong...

img_1037661_0_49a31e66ec1a014a6f5cdfd3f522716b.jpg

eenie, meenie, miney, and moe

hahahahha

Hmm, don't really have names for mine, except the overgrown cory Big Mamma (she's the egg layer in the bunch) and Mark the Shark, an adopted schoolroom rainbow shark; the schoolkids named him. Maybe I need fish with more personality.

Mr. Fherly is the male platey I have left. He is in a tank with three females so I wanted a name that would fit :)

I also gave my pale Angel a name (tossing back and forth between Death and Pestilence). When my new 30g is cycled I want to bring together the 4 Angelfish of the Apocalypse (Death, Famine, Pestilence, and Famine)... Some reason I was in a twisted mood when that idea hit me a few days ago and I want to run with it. :moon:

I have not named all my fish...but...
my betta is named Darwin;
4 angelfish named: Rudy (after Notre Dame football icon) also an underdog in the tank, Rorschach (because of his crazy patterning of black green and grey), Panda (because of the two black eyes), and Poseidon (the king of the tank);
fiddler crab named Crabby Patty (for the crab in Spongebob Squarepants);
a yoyo loach named Chester the Molester (because of his ugly mustache)

Back
Top Bottom