What's the name of your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DizzCat

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I am interested, what is the names of your fish? Do they have names?

Here's mine :D

In My Community Tank:
Bolivian Rams: Mikey and Maria (Maria is said like Mario, except with an a. I started with 2 and my son named them after the Mario brothers. Turns out they where she's)

Apple Snail is Charlie
Pepper Corie's are Salt and Pepper (how original, huh? LOL)
African Dwarf Frogs: Hermie and Freddy
All the rest don't have names, too hard to tell all the Danios and tetras apart.

Mbuna tank:

The Red Zebras:
Punky (he reminded me of a little pumpkin when he was little, REALLY lives up to the name now!)
Ginger
Spice (aka Stumpy after Ginger attacked her and bit off her tail once)
Mango

Yellow Labs
King Mbuna (pronounced Mum cuz I said "Mum-na's" till I learned it was um-boo-na) :lol:
Lemony
Snicket
Sonny

Acei:
Yogi (male)
Bumble
Bee
Honey
Boo-boo (cuz it got a boo-boo when small)

Ice Blues (Greshakei)
Chewy (the tank Boss)
Coco (she is dark brown)
Cinnamon (because that is what color she is)

Hongi's
Zeus
Athena (if she is indeed a he I will have to rethink that)

Pearlmutts
Pearl and Mutt (again, very original!)

The rest are small juvies that I still cannot tell apart. Names to come as they grow.

Almost forgot! My Rainbow Shark is Fluffy. My little 6 year old neighbor named him. Only 6 and already a smart a$$ :biglol:

I almost forgot the best part!! My daughter has named all my fry. I have 20 Acei and 10 Reds in my 20 gallon and 31 Rams in my other. Guess what their names are??

Sushi
icon_mmlaugh2.gif
icon_mmlaugh2.gif

She saw me dump some in the main tank for the adults once and decided all fry, present and future, names are now Sushi..... Sushi 1, Sushi 2, Sushi 3 etc.

The group of 9 barbs we call "The barb gang", one dwarf gourami is named Rocky because he hangs out near the big rock in the tank and the other dwarf gourami is named Woody because he hangs out near the drift wood, everyone else is fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clown, Yasha, Wrasse, Sev, JD, loach, etc. I'm creative like that. ;)

My female betta is Pearl. She's sort of albino, but has develop a black top fin and has a blue shine on her other fins. My fiancee wants to called her The Black Pearl (dumb, I know haha) because of her fin.

My pleco is known as the Great White even though he's 2 inches long. He'll be big someday!

I have 2 naked clowns...I just call them piggly wiggly...not sure which is which...

Out of my fish the ones i have named are:
Gold gourami (male) = Hagrid
Red tail shark = Sharky (lol)
Common plecostomus = Mr. Plecy
German Blue Ram (male) = Thor

Needing a name for my white blushing angel, any suggestions??

My fiancee named her late betta Zed because she thought that he liked Led Zepplin music...:) Unforunately he died last week. She got another one and named him Torforio. Apparantly it means draped in lavender or something. The betta is lavender as well. Haha. She named her catfish Toshi because she claims he's smart, since he befriended a betta. Girls are weird;)

I have a pink male betta named Jenks, a kuhli loach named Coolio, an otocinclus named Otto the 9th/10th (depending on if my little brother's otto died before my last one did a couple months ago), a huge pineapple mickey mouse swordtail named Big Mama, and a freaky albino tetra of some sort named Tim (after Tim Burton). I don't name all my fish... just the ones I can recognize right off the bat.

My only fish that has a name is my pleco Lurch. Just seems fitting for the fastly growing dark lover.

Back
Top Bottom