Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
I love eels. They grab their food and shake it like little puppies lol...unfortunately, they grab other fish sometimes as well. I had one which survived two moves with me, a Senegal Bichir (commonly called a "dinosaur eel"). He was so personable when hungry lol...he would take food from my hand, and come over to check out what was for dinner when I would tap on the glass. Unfortunately, my learning curve meant he did not ultimately survive and I was devastated. Tried everything to save him. That was a couple of years ago, and eventually I became ready to risk loving an eel one more time. This one has already doubled from 4" to 8" in about a year, and is striped with what looks like a cross on the top of his head. The official breed name is "Polypterus Delhez" and he is really gorgeous...a lot less mean than my other one was *whew*. https://www.google.com/search?q=poly...w=1600&bih=775

clearancepuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
my favorite fish is Oscars!!! they have such diverse personalities, are intilegent, and bond to their ppl. i have a 10 inch albino tiger and 2 inch tiger right now. i like plecos 2, and have 2 of them, in opposite colors of their oscar friends. both grow large, and while pleco get along with everyone except sometimes other plecos, oscars can generally only be kept with plecos as the are highly aggressive, highly territorial, predatory fish. but i still love mine and will always be on the lookout for a 125 g for my babies!!!

oscarchic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Angelfish, with pearl gourami as a close second. When it comes down to it the angelfish have more personality in my eyes. I love their shape and the way they just kind of glide through the water. I have 2 angelfish in a 40 that I watched grow from quarter sized to about 6 inches from top to bottom. It's true they were poor swimmers when they were small but now they have no problem zipping around when food is involved.
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My favourite has to be the red tail catfish, stunning looking fish, very well adapted to its natural environment and just amazing power! Just a shame they grow way beyond what most people can even hope to house my favourite fish that is available to most people is probably split between betta's or German blue rams, both striking looking fish and full of personality especially in a community.

Shane87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com