Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
Originally Posted by KatieJ
Yeah! I love trying to identify each of my strawberry rasboras, which isn't as hard as it sounds. Each one seems to have their own little markings, as well as their quirks (for example, one tends to hang out near the surface more than the rest, and one feels a little more dominant and frequently chases the rest (except for the one that hangs out on the surface. o_O I wonder if Boraras naevus create some sort of pecking order like female bettas. It's fascinating.
Its hard to identify my cherry barbs but i love to watch them

Alfredoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

I enjoy caring for another living creature. And I love sitting and watching them swim and interact with each other and their environment.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
I love waking up in the morning and having a cup of coffee watching my 55g have breakfast. That's the best part of waking up, not Folgers.
55gPLANTED:Rainbows/Loaches/Garras|30gVIV:Crestie|20gL:Leos|10g:Pearl Fighter|5g:Betta|5gChi:Spark Gourami/Badis|5g:ADF|2.5g:Betta|2.5g:Betta|
TheCrazyFishLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
At the end of a rough day, fighting fires, extricating people from cars, saving lives and yes even the occasional cat in the tree. After all that... I like to come home, sit on the couch, play some music and just watch the crew in the tank doing there thing because in that tank they really don't have a care in the world... It's really a great stress release.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
I spend more time looking at my fish. Than walking with my dog,s
Dreamingdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
Best part for me is when my fish begs for food with its big eyes.
Kind Regards,
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have two faves.....

Getting my "zen" moment from just observing the tank..... and

Interacting with the fish, particularly my sillier than silly blood parrots
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I never really get a zen feeling from the tanks. I'm always thinking of what's going on, where to place stuff, what health the fish are in. But I like it that way.
I only get zenned-out when I see other people's tanks or pictures of aquascapes online, because I'm not the one taking care of it iwagumi scapes make me feel so sleepy!
gabysapha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic
You may find this weird... But I also really like doing water changes! I think its fun!

1.1 Cons
1.0 JD (JD Club #1!)
6.9 Guppies
0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
KonvictKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com