What's Your Favorite Part of Fish Keeping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also love figuring out their habits. I also love seeing fish become more perky or behave naturally after I do something they like, such as add more floating plants and hiding spaces. It makes me feel good ;)

I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when a tank has finally cycled and it is holding strong.... unfortunately, i have yet to have that feeling

Yeah! I love trying to identify each of my strawberry rasboras, which isn't as hard as it sounds. Each one seems to have their own little markings, as well as their quirks (for example, one tends to hang out near the surface more than the rest, and one feels a little more dominant and frequently chases the rest (except for the one that hangs out on the surface. o_O I wonder if Boraras naevus create some sort of pecking order like female bettas. It's fascinating.

It's super weird, but I love sticking my finger in the tank and having my goldies nibble it. It makes giggle like a 5 year old girl.

KatieJ said:
Yeah! I love trying to identify each of my strawberry rasboras, which isn't as hard as it sounds. Each one seems to have their own little markings, as well as their quirks (for example, one tends to hang out near the surface more than the rest, and one feels a little more dominant and frequently chases the rest (except for the one that hangs out on the surface. o_O I wonder if Boraras naevus create some sort of pecking order like female bettas. It's fascinating.

Its hard to identify my cherry barbs but i love to watch them

At the end of a rough day, fighting fires, extricating people from cars, saving lives and yes even the occasional cat in the tree. After all that... I like to come home, sit on the couch, play some music and just watch the crew in the tank doing there thing because in that tank they really don't have a care in the world... It's really a great stress release.

I have two faves.....

Getting my "zen" moment from just observing the tank..... and

Interacting with the fish, particularly my sillier than silly blood parrots

I never really get a zen feeling from the tanks. I'm always thinking of what's going on, where to place stuff, what health the fish are in. But I like it that way.
I only get zenned-out when I see other people's tanks or pictures of aquascapes online, because I'm not the one taking care of it ;) iwagumi scapes make me feel so sleepy!

Back
Top Bottom