Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardex View Post
When I was 10 I had a 10 gallon tank at the end of the bunk beds in my room any time my brother had friends spend the night I got moved to his room and him and the friend got mine. One night his friend Kyle (who I always hated) was being a dick and jumped off the second step of the ladder and put his butt into the tank he had to be taken to the ER to have the glass taken out
LOL!!! Oh man that's awesome! I wish I had a funny story to do with fish... I just thought of one. Lol it's not all that funny, but it's something. :P

When I was about 8, my two sisters and I each had a goldfish. They all shared a tank that we kept on the kitchen counter. Well one day, when my youngest sister must have been about 3, my mom left a bottle of vinegar on the counter next to the fish tank. My 3 year old sister saw it and thought it was fish water. So you can guess what she did... She found my mom and said "I drank the fish water!" my mom thought she had drank the water out of the tank. Later, we saw bubbles all in the Tank and in the fish. We had no idea what it was until my dad figured out that my sister must have drank some of the vinegar, and then poured a good amount into the goldfish tank. But by then, we couldn't save the fish. I remember sitting in the living room and crying... I told my sister (now 10) this story just yesterday. She was like "what?! Oh no! Why would I DO that!?" :P so yeah kinda a bit funny, but more sad for me :P

Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was at my cousins house and one of her kids just got a gold fish and was so exited about it and his little brother was so jealous about it and wanted one of his own so we went and got another one for him and it lasted about 30min because he thought it looked lonely so he gave it a hug and accidentally killed it sad for the fish but kinda funny now

Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

we have a tilapia next to the dining room table. my oldest was on her laptop with her back to it. I was feeding it, dropped about 20 sticks in and went across the room to feed other fish, next thing i heard was my daughter yelling and swatting her head thinking there was a squashed bug in her hair. Turned out he somehow shot a bunch of sticks out of the tank right into her hair. Was funny to the 3 of us, not her. She wont sit in that seat anymore.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

when i was at petco yesterday then had a new snowflake moray eel in the saltwater section and i was watching it and it just slithered into the next tank over and started eating a peppermint shrimp!!! i had to tell an employee. boy is it true that those guys are escape artists i honestly wonder how many die per year from climbing out lol
Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post
when i was at petco yesterday then had a new snowflake moray eel in the saltwater section and i was watching it and it just slithered into the next tank over and started eating a peppermint shrimp!!! i had to tell an employee. boy is it true that those guys are escape artists i honestly wonder how many die per year from climbing out lol
Your petco has saltwater ? The ones in my area half half dead ich infected goldfish and live bearers and a bunch of empty tanks with green water been that way for the 6 years I have lived in town
Old 05-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here all the Petcos have saltwater fish and the Petsmarts only sell freshwater.

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

my petco have both salt water and fresh water!!
jessicafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

We had a goldfish tank in our old apartment, about 8yrs ago. One day I was explaining to my girlfriend that one of the fish looked sick and I better get something in the lfs to treat him. My daughter who was 4 at the time, unknown to us, she was listening to the conversation. At the time we were encouraging my daughter to drink pro-biotic yogurt drinks. We explained to her that they stop you getting sick and can help you get better if you are sick. I came home from work one day to discover a milky white fish tank and all my goldfish floating. I only discovered the truth a year ago. My girlfriend let it slip out, one night when she had a few drinks...haha. My daughter's 12 now and at the time told my girlfriend(her mom) that she just wanted the sick fish to get better!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Haha ^ she meant well.

Mine is more of a recurring story. Every time I have visitors the first thing they do is walk over to my tank. Of course, being the nice guy I am, I offer to let them feed my foot long Oscar.

They don't seem to appreciate it when he jumps out the tank and grabs their fingers XD
Old 06-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Haha ^ she meant well.

Mine is more of a recurring story. Every time I have visitors the first thing they do is walk over to my tank. Of course, being the nice guy I am, I offer to let them feed my foot long Oscar.

They don't seem to appreciate it when he jumps out the tank and grabs their fingers XD
Lol! Gotta do that once mine gets bigger!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com