Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

whats your LEAST favorite fish?

we hear abouts every ones favorite fish , so lets hear about whats your LEAST favorite fish.

Old 09-03-2003, 11:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Electric catfish has to be the worst out there.

Actually, I don't like the flowerhorn. Ugly fish.

Old 09-03-2003, 11:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

i cant stand parrot cichlids, jelly bean cichlids what ever you want too call them, i hate them.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:27 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to madasafish
I'm not a huge fan of hybrid fish. Parrot Cichlids just make me sad... There's one at my LFS that can't close its mouth in its old age because it is a hybrid.

I won't go as far as to say that I actually dislike any fish, but I'm not a big fan of messing around with mother nature...
Old 09-04-2003, 01:06 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to targaboy78
Any of the 'colored' tetras; strawberry tetras, blueberry tertras, etc...

Let me explain... It's not the fish itself but the thought that people actually inject them with dye to color them. I won't buy them because I will not support the practice of modifying them.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:17 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
FW angelfish. I find them to be too aggressive towards the other fish....too destructive to the plants....and a little dopey looking, lol.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:31 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

I would have to say the Damsel. Boy are they mean, IME . Darn near killed my Perc. pair. I even put him in my QT tank for a week but he went back to the same behavior immeditely upon his return to the big tank. He had to go back to the store.
Evil tiny fish
Old 09-04-2003, 03:07 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

RE: Targaboy

Yeah. Aren't tetras beautiful enough already, anyway? They're some of the most colorful fish in the FW trade!!

Also, fish with transparent bodies are VERY cool. No need to add dye to them!

--Frustrated
Old 09-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Punkymom
For some reason I can't stand Tetras. I don't know why...I just don't like them. I never have...I've had a couple in the past, but I didn't care for them. Now I hate those parrot cichlids. They are so ugly and it's pathetic that we had to get in there and interfere with the way they look. EW. I also do NOT support dying of fish.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:54 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Punkymom, I have the same prejudice against mollies and platies, oh and goldfish. I'm just getting over it...

I guess I sorta have a thing against really popular fish (exception Neons, which my g/f wanted). It helped me to really scrutinize some of the mollies/platies at my LFS. I started to realize what fantastic fish they are. But I'm still not going to get any... SO many other cool fish out there that most ppl don't own! What's the point? I get the impression, from the Dragon Fish that you're the same way! Rock on!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com