whats your LEAST favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a huge fan of hybrid fish. Parrot Cichlids just make me sad... There's one at my LFS that can't close its mouth in its old age because it is a hybrid.

I won't go as far as to say that I actually dislike any fish, but I'm not a big fan of messing around with mother nature...

Any of the 'colored' tetras; strawberry tetras, blueberry tertras, etc...

Let me explain... It's not the fish itself but the thought that people actually inject them with dye to color them. I won't buy them because I will not support the practice of modifying them.

FW angelfish. I find them to be too aggressive towards the other fish....too destructive to the plants....and a little dopey looking, lol.

I would have to say the Damsel. Boy are they mean, IME . Darn near killed my Perc. pair. I even put him in my QT tank for a week but he went back to the same behavior immeditely upon his return to the big tank. He had to go back to the store.
Evil tiny fish :evil:

RE: Targaboy

Yeah. Aren't tetras beautiful enough already, anyway? They're some of the most colorful fish in the FW trade!!

Also, fish with transparent bodies are VERY cool. No need to add dye to them!

--Frustrated

For some reason I can't stand Tetras. I don't know why...I just don't like them. I never have...I've had a couple in the past, but I didn't care for them. Now I hate those parrot cichlids. They are so ugly and it's pathetic that we had to get in there and interfere with the way they look. EW. I also do NOT support dying of fish.

Punkymom, I have the same prejudice against mollies and platies, oh and goldfish. I'm just getting over it...

I guess I sorta have a thing against really popular fish (exception Neons, which my g/f wanted). It helped me to really scrutinize some of the mollies/platies at my LFS. I started to realize what fantastic fish they are. But I'm still not going to get any... SO many other cool fish out there that most ppl don't own! What's the point? I get the impression, from the Dragon Fish that you're the same way! Rock on!

I don't like catfish in aquariums.

Specially since my Uncle had one in a 100+gal tank, and the thing got so big it ate massive angel fish.

Water was all over the place from the attack. 8O

Need I mention the catfish was over 3 foot long and albino? 0X

ya wanna talk mean? Most African Chiclids, I do not like them at all. they spend more time trying to kill each other than anything else.

Who said FW Angels? Mine are cool as can be, never bother the other fish or plants, not much aggro amongst themselves either. Even eat a bit of algae once in a while!

brotherd said:
piranahs!what the heck ia a fish like that doing in a home aquarium?!!!!Just don't get that at all.
there not at all as bad as people and the media make them out too be, except for the black piranha, but red bellies are BORING

Balloon bellied mollies are repulsive, as are horrendously modified goldfish, like ryunkins. (Some of the "modified" goldfish aren't as bad as some others, but in general, all but comets are just sad to look at.) Parrot cichlids are also deformed-looking . . . I don't mind most of the cichlids; they're born with an agressive nature due to their wild habitats and really can't help that. Some have really exotic, almost flourescent coloring, so I think (can't talk out of experience yet) that a tank with them would be lively.
:idea: Interesting, how most of the posted replies refer to "modified" fish, and few deal with natural wild ones.

Theres very few fish I actively dislike; its sorta like music. I'll listen to just about anything, although theres very little I'll actually spend money on LOL

That being said, I LOATHE blood parrots. Has nothing to with the controversy over them. I just think they're ugly as hell LOL Kinda like the country music of the fishworld IMHO *grin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom