What's your printer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking into buying a new printer. I purchased a Lexmark Z605 a few years ago when I needed to print out a paper for class and this thing sucks up ink like it's a vacuum.

I bought a new black ink cartrige two or three weeks ago and now I need a new one (and i don't print all that much to begin with).

I tried to look at the amazon.com reviews for printers but there are just so many kinds that are way out of my budget.

What kind of printers do ya'll have/use? I need something simple that doesn't eat ink like it's candy.

Canon printers are usually good on ink, HP printers print better IMO,but do use more ink than Canon. Had a Lexmark as well and found the same thing, went through ink like crazy. I am using a HP at home now and for average printing needs the ink lasts a while and it doesn't dry out the way some printer inks do. Had a Xerox at work and if you didn't use the ink every week (colors) the ink dried out and was no good. Overall I like my HP the best. Of course the best on ink is laser but way way too expensive.

Although I love the Dell "All-in-One" (Printer/scanner), you can only get the ink replaced by Dell. Which only means you cannot comparison shop. :(

I will be checking out the new All-in-One from Lexmark. Has the same features but I won't be a slave to one ink source.

I use an HP DeskJet 930 and it can print photo quality prints if you have the proper type of paper. Ink cartriges are available practically everywhere where they sell office supplies. I would recommed you stick with the HP ink cart., because I tried these refurbishing kits.... The pits!!! :evil:

Anyway, as usual, I talk too much. :lol:

8)

HP PSC 2110xi, it's a printer/scanner/copier and is quite good with ink. I agree about the lexmark. I also had an Epson which seemed to use up ink very quick as well.

I've always been a fan of Cannon but this last one I bought is a Brother brand. It's a printer/scanner/copier/fax all in one. It's been a really nice printer. So, I would recommend either one, a Cannon or Brother printer.

I've only used Epson printers. My current printer is a stylus photo R300. I've found that the Epson printers really suck down ink during the head cleaning cycle, although the R300 isn't half as bad as other Epsons I've owned.

If you mostly print B/W, a laser printer would be the most economical long term; but the initial outlay would be at least 4X the cost of an excellent color inkjet.

Check out www.epinions.com for printer reviews. People there really gripe about models that suck down ink.

I buy my genuine Epson ink cartridges at a wholesale club store (BJs or Costco). They charge less than half the price! You can get good deals online too.

I'll give another vote to the HP printers. I have an HP DeskJet 5550. I got it at the beginning of 2003 and I've never had a complaint with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom