Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What's your ultimate tank?

What's your ultimate tank if you had some extra money, just enough to get your tank? I think mine is kinda humble... I'd want a 40-55g Bowfront w/ a dark or black wood higher stand (32"+) w/ a matching canopy & LEDs for corals (I haven't gotten any yet but might some day). I mainly just wanted a saltwater tank to have clowns. I don't care about the bigger types of fish or having a lot of fish.

So I just wanna hear what other people dream of & maybe get some ideas. For saltwater (not including my FW tanks) I now have a basic 75g w/ just a base stand & power compact lights. One small upgrade I need to build now is a canopy, what a difference that would make in appearance.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

400g mix reef mainly sps and a lot of wrasses.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol mine would have shamu from seaworld in it or some dolphins lol
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, it would be expensive but my ultimate tank would be plumbed so that water changes could be done automatically. open one valve, empties tank, add conditioner then open the other and fills tank. Other than that I think I'd like a 6 foot tank with some awesome large driftwood pieces, heavily planted, a couple large rocks, predators like wolffish as well as a large school of fish large enough that the predators wouldn't bother them.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
My dream tank is actually three tanks. Three large (180-300 gallon) in wall tanks, each plumbed for easy water changes, one a reef, one a planted tropical freshwater community, and one SA cichlid tank. All in the same room so they wrap around 3/4 walls of the living room, set at a height where they would sit right above a big wraparound couch. And of course there would be a nice fishroom behind this room for access. And of course this will never happen unless I hit the lotto jackpot, as it would really require building a custom house to pull it off correctly.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well if I had the Money! My Dream Ultimate tank would be a Shark Tank.

It would be at least 60,000 gallons, and 50 feet long and 20 feet wide and 10 feet deep Oval.

I would have 4 or 5 black tip sharks and a few other BIG fish that can swim with them. It wouldn't be a a lot of fish, but the sharks would make up for it. :-p
Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's funny alyxx I just bought a house and half of it use to be a store it's about a 18x30 it was bare studs when we bought the house 6 yrs ago I just finely got it dry walled last year now scraping up money to do the floor it needs all new sub floor and all anyways my wife told me I could do what ever I wanted in that half of the house and I was think of doing just what you said only 4 tanks maybe not 300s lol but at least 150s and my couch right in the middle I even made my self blue prints of the walk way I could build behind the tanks built in the wall for all the plumbing I'm a dreamer lol
Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spechty37 View Post
It's funny alyxx I just bought a house and half of it use to be a store it's about a 18x30 it was bare studs when we bought the house 6 yrs ago I just finely got it dry walled last year now scraping up money to do the floor it needs all new sub floor and all anyways my wife told me I could do what ever I wanted in that half of the house and I was think of doing just what you said only 4 tanks maybe not 300s lol but at least 150s and my couch right in the middle I even made my self blue prints of the walk way I could build behind the tanks built in the wall for all the plumbing I'm a dreamer lol
Lucky! When it comes time to look at buying a house, a good fish room is going to be one of three main factors - a nice kitchen with lots of counter space, a big bathtub in the master bath, and a room with good water access and space for lots of tanks. I don't want kids, so my hobbies get to take front and center when it comes to picking a house.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

Lucky! When it comes time to look at buying a house, a good fish room is going to be one of three main factors - a nice kitchen with lots of counter space, a big bathtub in the master bath, and a room with good water access and space for lots of tanks. I don't want kids, so my hobbies get to take front and center when it comes to picking a house.
I wasn't into tanks when we bought this house so I didn't plan ahead for room for the tanks... but my excuse for more tanks IS the kids!! I have two bigger tanks in our family room (1 FW & 1 SW), then had a tank in each of my 3 kids rooms AND a QT SW tank on the kitchen counter... I took a pic of our family room/kitchen area. HA! But now I'm down to just 1 tank in 1 kid's room & the 2 bigger tanks in the family room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-925686774.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	199030
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just seen this.

http://www.opulentitems.com/media/ca...uasinkhigh.jpg

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com