When looking at other people's tanks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now y'all are making me cringe about my themed tank(the American tank) red white and blue gravel with an army tank and jeep

My one exception to my natural rule is if someone can pull off a really creative, well done tank with it. Most people just dump "unicorn puke" in the bottom and call it good. Lol.

I will say my pet peeve on tanks is, when people come over and stick their fingers in the water (my wife too) bugs the {mod edit because we are a family site} outta me. I got mad at my wife last night I was like ."dude no! You don't know what's on your hand nasty, I just changed the water its clean don't dirty it up again" haha

People putting their hands in the tanks is a big one, or the one I dealt with yesterday, people letting their kids slap their hands all over the glass of the tanks. I have seven tanks, and I swear the kid got every single surface of every single tank. SMH

Last edited by a moderator:
No body puts their hands in the tank!! Are you kidding me? I'd be playing whack a mike with my kitchen mallet! This is the holiest of water and none shall pass!!!

Angled heaters are a good thing unless you have the output of the filter directed at it.

That's my logical excuse. Not quite solid but it's the one I'm using.

As for the volume of my tanks (why they are not full)

IT'S A SECRET!

Angled heaters are a good thing unless you have the output of the filter directed at it. That's my logical excuse. Not quite solid but it's the one I'm using. As for the volume of my tanks (why they are not full) IT'S A SECRET!
new pet peeve! When someone changes their avatar and it confuses me :p not directed at any one in-particular. :cough:cough: j m....

Now I'm gonna say, when people ask for advice and then take the advice a fish store recommends.

This +1,000,000....
Why do they even bother

True story. I don't mind helping at all, I love it but you can't expect help if you accept fish store advice. I'll even admit I'm wrong sometimes. That's part of a learning process were all here for!!

What are my aquarium pet peeves you ask? Well here you go!
• The always entertaining, "he's been in there for years, he's fine!" Excuse

• Coral decor in freshwater ecosystems
• The low water level thing
• Bare tanks, mainly those with no substrate, no clue why, just ticks me off.
• finger smudges and streaks across tanks, just clean it already!!!!!!!!!!
• people who clean their filters with no reasoning as to why besides you're supposed to. (I know youre not)
• Those plants that look so unnatural it hurts
• and the spongbob decor...

• people who clean their filters with no reasoning as to why besides you're supposed to. (I know youre not)

I clean my filter housing out and the intake tubes once a month because they build up a nasty brown gunk that's unbearable since the whole thing is see through

I clean my filter housing out and the intake tubes once a month because they build up a nasty brown gunk that's unbearable since the whole thing is see through

I've wondered when my brown gunk will limit water flow...
It's been 2 months and I haven't cleaned the tubes, barely cleaned the filter for that matter.

Well if it's see through I don't think I could stand that brown build up either! Hey if you don't like the look when it builds up, do what we do to fix things we don't like in the south, duct tape it!

What are my aquarium pet peeves you ask? Well here you go!
• The always entertaining, "he's been in there for years, he's fine!" Excuse

• Coral decor in freshwater ecosystems
• The low water level thing
• Bare tanks, mainly those with no substrate, no clue why, just ticks me off.
• finger smudges and streaks across tanks, just clean it already!!!!!!!!!!
• Those plants that look so unnatural it hurts
• and the spongbob decor...

Ok ok i get it yeesh XD

Now I'm gonna say, when people ask for advice and then take the advice a fish store recommends.

People who ask for advice, you give it then they say "well I saw my friend/some guy/some girl do it this way and everything was fine.

Yeah, it was fine then, but long term? Probably not so much.

People putting their hands in the tanks is a big one, or the one I dealt with yesterday, people letting their kids slap their hands all over the glass of the tanks. I have seven tanks, and I swear the kid got every single surface of every single tank. SMH[/QUOTE]

Even worse. Kids who grow up around tanks throwing a handful of Skittles in your tanks. :taped:

Wait?.... People put their fingers & hands in your tanks?
Oh! Heck no!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom