Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

The water level thing is my #1 irritation. Like WHY is it not filled to the top?? WHY?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm going to agree with most of you
1. Coloured rocks... Why? Sand looks sooooo much better (or at least natural stone or white stone!)
2. Goldfish in small tanks (well any fish in a small tank). Who in the right mind made up the myth that they can live in those tiny plastic tanks (you know the ones with the goldfish pictures on them? But they look like something little kids put bugs in...)
2. People idea on betta fish. No. They ARE NOT some fish who should live in a bowl, and those stupid tanks with the plant on top.... No. Berta's can't live off roots. Idiots.
3. People not researching. Oh you want to put your cichlids with your guppies? I was selling some cichlids and some person was like I have a 20 gallon with guppies and wanted to add something else to make it look better! Bye guppies
4. People who don't cycle there tanks. Or believe letting it sit for 24 hours is "cycling it".
5. Low water levels. Nuff said
6. Algae on the front glass. Sometimes I let the algae build up on my back wall and my rocks, to me it makes it look natural. And my fishes graze on it.

And one more, it has little to do with looking at people's tank, but still; uninformed employees. If you know nothing about fish.... Maybe you shouldn't work in a fish store (or at least not give ridiculous advice)!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypride View Post

And one more, it has little to do with looking at people's tank, but still; uninformed employees. If you know nothing about fish.... Maybe you shouldn't work in a fish store (or at least not give ridiculous advice)!

I couldn't agree more. Just this morning I overheard an employee at Pets At Home answering a question "How many peppered cories do you think I should get?" "Oh I wouldn't get more than one, these things grow huge and eventually will outgrow your tank!"
Seriously?
Old 02-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

Or when I had my FW puffer. When I first got him I asked if my 30gallon empty tank would be good enough (turns out they can live happy in even smaller aquriums). The guy told me it would be best to put him with my cichlids in my 40 gallon long..... Uhm what?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:24 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzkots View Post
I couldn't agree more. Just this morning I overheard an employee at Pets At Home answering a question "How many peppered cories do you think I should get?" "Oh I wouldn't get more than one, these things grow huge and eventually will outgrow your tank!"
Seriously?
3 inches is very big
Old 02-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Regular

I like things to look natural. I physically cringe when I see a some insanely unnatural gravel color covering the bottom of a tank, and those painfully obvious-that-they-are-plastic plants. To each their own, but for me it's the whole package (substrate, plants, inverts, rocks, driftwood, and fish) that make a tank really interesting.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #47
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer4infinity View Post
I like things to look natural. I physically cringe when I see a some insanely unnatural gravel color covering the bottom of a tank, and those painfully obvious-that-they-are-plastic plants. To each their own, but for me it's the whole package (substrate, plants, inverts, rocks, driftwood, and fish) that make a tank really interesting.
Agreed. I hate clown puke gravel and all those day glow rocks. Don't even get me started on Spongebob...

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish71 View Post
Agreed. I hate clown puke gravel and all those day glow rocks. Don't even get me started on Spongebob...
welcome to my nightmare, I hate my own tank!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #49

Nice to know that its agreed that everyone here hates my 20g XD XD
Old 02-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #50
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
welcome to my nightmare, I hate my own tank!
Hahaha, was I describing your tank? Sorry, ummm love Spongebob. *hides disgusted look behind monitor*

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan, tank, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com