Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by roka64 View Post
I've never done it either, but I did have a kitten chew on my filter's intake tube and lost about 30 gallons onto my floor....
is that kinda like blaming the smelly fart on the dog ?And not owning up to the oops

Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
LOL! The sad thing is it happened twice before I wrapped foam around the tubes....

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'll admit that I once overfilled my 29 gal. I got distracted scraping spot algae off the nearby 58 gal. Fortunately, only a few cups of water got on the carpet.

A worse accident happened when I was refilling a 10 gal in my bathroom. I accidently knocked over some rockwork with the python, and I tossed the still-running python into the tub behind me - or so I thought. Suddenly, my socks were soaked, and I looked down to see the python at my feet soaking the carpet. The bathroom carpet is jigsaw-style tiles, so I only had to pull up the soaked tiles and hang them up to dry overnight.
QTOFFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I've come very close to overfilling a couple of my tanks. I am lucky and now I am very cautious.
AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Done it a couple of times and my husband did it once too....our poor carpet...we actually had to pull it up and put a fan under it to dry it....big mess.
We have a water line to the tank but it is only 1/4 inch so it fills VERY slowly! I get phone calls from customers (or other people and forget it)

TIP....set your kitchen timer (or some other timer) so it beeps at you after 5 minutes (assuming it takes longer than that to fill up) that has helped me....I also have made it a point to wit in front of the tank and watch it, turn off the TV etc.

Multi tasking is a MYTH I tell ya! lol
happygirl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Devilishturtles View Post
Never overflowed my tank...probably because I still fill up the old fashioned bucket way.

Same here for my FW. SW tank I use my auto topoff system to replace the water to make sure I only put in as much as I take out.
Bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
I've done it a couple of times. I get distracted easily.......... 'nuf said !!

mattrox is offline   Reply With Quote

led, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com