When you see a deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was wondering. When you guys see a deal on Craig's list or in the news paper about an aquarium do you also have that sudden urge to go out and purchase it? I am a owner of two tanks one ten gallon and one twenty gallon tank and I've spent over $200 getting both of them set up and every time I see some new deal online or at petco I have the urge to go buy it. I even went and bought a new hob filter that was on super discount sale that i really just did not need. Anyone else suffer from this buyers guilt/urges?:facepalm:

Guilty as charged! I have a few empty tanks in my garage because I couldn't pass a deal:D

If I had the money...I wouldn't have any money...get my drift? ;)

Im still very new to the art of Fishkeeping but WOW I understand your problem :) I suffer from the same. I cannot hardley go by my LFS without stopping and atleast checking to see if there is a sale on rock or something else I just gotta have (not really). Sometimes I do just look at the fish for a half hour and talk with the storekeeper without purchasing. ah maybe there is hope.

I immediately call or text when I see something juicy. It's better to have the option of buying than being beat out. i am actually tormenting a guy whohas a 125g and stand for $100. I messaged him the minute he posted. lol Still waiting to hear back.....

Mayb have to call him again, I really want this one. LOL That's what I always say...

carey said:
I immediately call or text when I see something juicy. It's better to have the option of buying than being beat out. i am actually tormenting a guy whohas a 125g and stand for $100. I messaged him the minute he posted. lol Still waiting to hear back.....

Mayb have to call him again, I really want this one. LOL That's what I always say...

ARE YOU SERIOUSE!!!! LUCK. I envy you now. Lol XD

I bought my 125 for $100 off of someone on CL also. I jump on the really good deals if I have the money for them. Right now, since I don't have money to spend on stuff like that, and don't really need any particular tanks, I just don't check craigslist for them. Out of sight, out of mind.

I have 2 55g and 2 10g tanks and I still check craigslist every week for a good deal on 75g-100g tanks, just can't help myself. And If I find a good deal I'll find the money, end of story.
The best part is that If I find bigger tanks I won't need to get bigger filters or heaters, because I have big enough filters & heaters for 150g tanks for both my 55g tanks.

Back
Top Bottom