Where did you start out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm just curious, how did you guys get into the hobby? What got you where you are now?
For me, I was kind of thrown into it lol. My brother wanted a tank so my dad got a 55 gal, not thinking it would last, (I would have gone for a 10 with that mindset lol) and I ended up being the care giver hahaha and now I'm obsessed!

Yeah 4 tanks later and 4 up and running now you can say in obsessed! lol.

It all started because my wife wanted a goldfish in a bowl. We got it and I saw it was always going to the surface. I googled and went into a panic!! I was like he's dying he needs air! He needs a filter we have to go to the pet store now!! We went and I bought this whole setup. He died soon after but then I kept getting different fish then bigger tanks and bigger tanks etc...

And that's my story. It's all HER fault!! lol.

Convict2161 said:
Yeah 4 tanks later and 4 up and running now you can say in obsessed! lol.

It all started because my wife wanted a goldfish in a bowl. We got it and I saw it was always going to the surface. I googled and went into a panic!! I was like he's dying he needs air! He needs a filter we have to go to the pet store now!! We went and I bought this whole setup. He died soon after but then I kept getting different fish then bigger tanks and bigger tanks etc...

And that's my story. It's all HER fault!! lol.

Haha well then we can both blame other people! Considering the tank was originally for my bro, it kinda looks like a box of crayons threw up in there. I've made some adjustments but I can only change so much without upsetting him haha

I wanted a "pet" but my apartments charge 3 to 4 hundred nonreturnable deposits for dogs or cats. So my girlfriend and I decided a few fish would keep us entertained while at home. I never like to do things twice or wrong so I did reaserch! And lost of it.

I saw how expensive new set ups were so I looked on good ol craigslist and got a 54bow corner tank with stand and filter for 100$.

Now I'm the proud owner of said tank a 10g and a 28bow lol!

Back
Top Bottom