where do you keep your tank(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

where do you keep your tank(s)

• bedroom

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • livingroom/den

Votes: 99 58.9%
  • basement

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • tank room

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 33 19.6%

• Total voters
I keep my tanks in the living room. i like our company to see them, also great to watch at night while having family time .

The 100gal is in the dining area.
The 36gal is in my bedroom
And my 30gal is in my walk-in closet in the same bedroom.

My two main tanks are in the basement. The quarantine tank is in my bedroom so that I can keep a closer eye on whatever creature I've separated.

Last edited:
Bedroom :) it's so relaxing and it also stops me watching horrible tv when I'm in bed :) currently have 2 in my bedroom and I only started a couple of months ago haha 1 ten gal on my chest of drawers and 50 gal at the end of my bed :) air pump does my head in though :/

Livingroom, Dining Room, Kitchen. Only reason I don't have one (or more) in the bedroom is that it is upstairs and too far away from an easy water change.

Mine are in the basement, house is 120 years old, with original redwood flooring, Im not gonna put any amount of water on it lol.

Besides, the basement has a floor drain, if a tank pops so be it, clean up will be half of that if it was upstairs.

a few in living room, 140 in foyer, 55 dining room and my son has one in his bedroom

In the living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, and child's room. Everywhere but one child's room and the bathroom :whistle:

In the living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, and child's room. Everywhere but one child's room and the bathroom :whistle:

If you have decent access under that bathtub you can turn it into a 100g indoor pond in a few hours.

lol I really would but everyone might get upset with me if they have to start bathing in the sink ;)

Google " fish tank toilet" and look at images.... There's a diagram on how it works... The sink is kind of neat.... Lol

Google " fish tank toilet" and look at images.... There's a diagram on how it works... The sink is kind of neat.... Lol

Fish tank toilets huh?.... Wow,...water changes would be easy,...wooooooosh and way it goes!!!

I have 4 in my dining room. 3 10 gals and a 30 gal.....hoping to upgrade to a 55 gal or so soon....in that case I will probably move the 30 gal to the living room

Dary421 said:
Fish tank toilets huh?.... Wow,...water changes would be easy,...wooooooosh and way it goes!!!

Lol, there's a regular toilet plumbing in the middle back of tank. Would be kinda nice.... But I dunno about all those eyes watching.... Lol

Back
Top Bottom