where do you keep your tank(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

where do you keep your tank(s)

• bedroom

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • livingroom/den

Votes: 99 58.9%
  • basement

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • tank room

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 33 19.6%

• Total voters
I have mine in the Kitchen, backyard, garage and loft. 6 total.

Bl80 said:
Lol, there's a regular toilet plumbing in the middle back of tank. Would be kinda nice.... But I dunno about all those eyes watching.... Lol

That'd be waaaay too creepy!!!

There are two in my grandsons bedroom. One 55g with Mbuna and a 10g with 16 day old Mbuna fry.
Then in the Living room we have another 55g with Angelfish and a 10g QT with 2 new Green Dragon BN Plecos.
I plan on upgrading the 55g Mbuna tank to a 75g and the Angelfish to a 90g.
Then I will set up one of the 55g tanks in my bedroom, but I haven't decided what type of fish yet. I would love to get a few Discus but I think the 55g would be to small. I just know that I want a tank in my room too.
They are so tranquil and I have insomnia.

That'd be waaaay too creepy!!!

I've seen the toilet Aquariums the do look cool. It's actually two separate tanks one for the fish and one for the toilet water. So it's a very narrow fish tank, doesn't hold but a couple fish. So you'd have maybe 3-4 pairs of eyes watching you at most.
I just prefer to always be alone when I'm in the bathroom, even if I'm just washing my face.

WendiDell said:
I've seen the toilet Aquariums the do look cool. It's actually two separate tanks one for the fish and one for the toilet water. So it's a very narrow fish tank, doesn't hold but a couple fish. So you'd have maybe 3-4 pairs of eyes watching you at most.
I just prefer to always be alone when I'm in the bathroom, even if I'm just washing my face.

Ya... It always scares the crap out of me when my cat opens the door when I'm in there... But at least I can get her away lol.

half in kitchen half in living room where i sleep.
anyone sleep with the fishes, ha ha

Homedog98 said:
Ya... It always scares the crap out of me when my cat opens the door when I'm in there... But at least I can get her away lol.

I've gotten used to the cats n dogs here or where ever I visit pretty much being in there, but I think I draw the line at my fish.... I was looking at the pix when I googled it... I'd be afraid to CLEAN for fear of possibly hurting fish....

Bl80 said:
I've gotten used to the cats n dogs here or where ever I visit pretty much being in there, but I think I draw the line at my fish.... I was looking at the pix when I googled it... I'd be afraid to CLEAN for fear of possibly hurting fish....

Same. It's not exactly a practical setup.

4 tanks in the bedroom 1 in living room and 2 in the dining room. One in the bedroom is a terrarium though

I have 3 in my bedroom, hopefully soon to be 4:
5g: Male Betta
5g: 4 ADF's and 1 Female Betta
10g: Dwarf Flame Gourami, Glowlight Tetras, Bristlenose Pleco, and Ghost Shrimp
1.5g hex: Ghost Shrimp breeding/grow out

WendiDell said:
You either have a big bedroom or a small bed and no dresser for cloths.
But it must be a very calm, relaxing place to sleep with 4 tanks.

Yup my room is the biggest in the house. Larger than the living room I think.. big enough for 3 dressers California king, entertainment center, book shelf, hope chest, 2 Nightstands, all if my tanks and stands and my 56 inch LCD and stand and my large dogbed.. and there's even walking room and room for rock band when needed. Haha

Back
Top Bottom