Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
Lynae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Makes me wonder if all that "ecology stuff" (what we geezers used to call it) is working or if we are just moving more and more into their territory so they are returning the favor.

Chipmunks, deer, rabbits, ground hogs (which I have seen) and the like all make good in the suburbs with the gardens and trash bins. The scavengers (racoons and partially coyotes) move in too, and the hunters coyote and foxes cause then want to go where their prey is.

This year haven't seen any huge flocks of birds but the past few years I have been seeing flocks that have 25%-75% larger than I remember seeing a s kid.

JPKeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:06 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
We have those here too lol! Night before last, I heard this HORRID screecing noise out back, jumped up and, the flashlight and shone it out the window. I didn't see anything, but my nose was suddenly assaulted by skunk stank! My dogs had dug a hole under the garbage shed the day before and the skunk was using that as an access hole to the garbage! I had put some rocks in the hole so they would stop digging, and the skunk wouldn't be able to get in there. Well he must have gotten his paw or something stuck between the rocks, (or maybe he was just SUPER mad and yelling at me lol), when he was trying to get back into the garbage shed. Anyway, I put more rocks in the hole and buried it back up! Skunks are the reason I am leery about taking my dogs out to the bathroom at night because I don't feel like giving a tomato bath and having my house stink....I hope "Flower" was scared away and will not be back.
I was outside last week, and I saw a wild cat, "Flower" in the next driveway, and 3 deer in my yard eating my grass. And I live in "city" limits! LOL!

dkpate is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com