Where's Carey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Crabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
I enjoyed reading her posts and following her tank builds. After the middle of September, her posts end.

I hope she's ok.?

:(

Reeffanman said:
That's true I haven't seen anything from her or Doug in a while

Doug just updated his thread not that long ago but your right about Carey... Hope everything's ok : /

We all get pulled away for things. I have more than once got fed up with another "tang in a 10 gallon" argument with somebody who really didn't want advice but affirmation. I have deleted my aquarium advice app on my iPad twice. But I do enjoy sharing and getting info...so I keep coming back.

^Very true.

It just seems odd. She was so active here with updates and sharing experiences over the course of a year. Looks like her last post was 9/23. I'm not trying to be a wierdo, but her presence here just came to an abrupt end for what seems to be no rhyme or reason.?

I figured she'd end up being a mod sooner or later. She was always friendly and never rubbed anyone the wrong way.

Yes, she was very modest and dedicated. I started posting about the same time she started her thread and a few months later she had over 4000 posts. I teased her that she must have her computer hard wired to her person. I am sure we will hear from her.

Agreed! She must be busy with all those tanks...i hope she is alright and doing well! She really helped me when i first jumped into saltwater, as she did many others.

you know, i was just wondering the same exact thing... about a year ago i couldnt read a topic without seeing her name. now shes gone:(

I haven't been on like I use to be but I did notice that Doug stopped posting shortly after becoming a mod..
But i hope Carey is okay. She became very knowledgeable shortly after joining AA.
Carey and Doug hope you guys are okay... And all is well...

I know this probably has nothing to do with Carey due to the timeline but I did notice that many of the people that were on the East Coast and affected by that devastating storm haven't been posting like they used to. Just hope everyone is recovering and dealing with as minimal losses as possible:).

Last edited:
I have been wondering where she is too. She was always very kind and helpful, I hope she is alright!

She hasn't been around in awhile, hope all is well.

As for Doug, he is pretty seasonal with his work, and usually about this time he starts coming in full force :). I am sure we will see him on more as we get into winter.

Carey still isn't back yet. :( A few other people disappeared that I enjoyed talking to like FTMMWS.

I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope they come back, :)

I am so glad all of you guys are still here though!

Back
Top Bottom