Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Quote:
I'm a "steak and potatoes" kind of gal who is fearful of the goverement and stockpiles guns
No way!! *Goes to the website to take that test*

I'll let you know how I come out!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:47 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Well, what state are you???

Old 07-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #23
AA Team Emeritus

You're Georgia!
For you, life is just peachy. You've been growing a lot lately and have really invested yourself in some major companies. You prefer Coke over Pepsi, CNN over other stations, and always fly Delta. This brand loyalty seems to be pulling away from your deepest roots, but that's part of growing. You are utterly terrified of fire. Just an old sweet song keeps you on others' minds.

Ok, this cannot be more true of me....

Growing alot lately....I am infact growing some vegetable and bamboo plants.

Invested in major companies...I have stock in Wal-Mart, only because I work there...but a major company none-the-less.

Prefer coke over pepsi...yes indeed.

CNN is ok for the news, I like the bar on the bottom of the screen.

Have flown Delta once, it was nice.

Not terrified of fire, I quite like it actually--Don't call me a pyro-maniac!

A sweet song keeps me on others minds...I hope so! I'm quite liked I guess..

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:54 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

I ate some chocolate and retook the State Quiz.
I'm the Panama Canal 8O Could someone explain to me how that is a state???
Quote:
While others are content to work long and hard hours, you're all about taking the shortcut. While this has benefited you for the most part, it has required starting several conflicts so that you could get your way. Your old profession doesn't seem terribly lofty to anyone, and sometimes you've even needed to dig ditches to get by, but you figure the results are worth it. Now, most of the time you're just cruising.
Although, the Panama Canal isn't a state I'm familar with, I like what it says about me and my short-cuttin' ways--BUT I never start conflicts!

Old 07-19-2004, 12:59 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

ACK!!! My day just gets worse. I am killing time while trying to figure out how to get a student loan while attending a college outside of the US and I take the Book Quiz. Granted, I don't think I was 100% truthful on the "Do you like Oprah" question.
I am Lolita!
Quote:
Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way, though you admit that this probably isn't the best and you're not sure what causes this desire. Nonetheless, you've done some pretty nefarious things in your life, and probably gotten caught for them. The names have been changed, but the problems are real. Please stay away from children.
I like that last line, "Please stay away from children."

Old 07-19-2004, 01:03 PM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Ok, OK. Goes to take the book quiz now! I'm on vacation this week, can you tell I have nothing to do?!

I'm a little scared though now.... And, I dunno how the Panama Canal is state...beats me.

Old 07-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #27
AA Team Emeritus

You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
by Douglas Adams
Considered by many to be one of the funniest people around, you are quite an entertainer. You've also traveled to the far reaches of what you deem possible, often confused and unsure of yourself. Life continues to jostle you around like a marble, but it's shown you so much of the world that you don't care. Wacky adventures continue to lie ahead. Your favorite number is 42.

Wow, I think I need to start a new thread for these new tests, LOL...

Old 07-19-2004, 01:07 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

The book quiz is by far the most odd of all the quizzes.
8O If you're on vacation~who's looking after the fish??? 8O

Old 07-19-2004, 02:05 PM   #29
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
If you're on vacation~who's looking after the fish???
I was going to the Outer Banks, NC...but long story short, I couldn't go this year. So, I'm home instead. I have spent the past week at work from 7 am to close to 6 or 7 pm every night trying to ready things up and teach my one associate how to take care of things and run the place. I have my fingers crossed that he will do ok. I think I have put enough time into his "fish training" that he will do a swell job

My one problem is that I think I put *too* much time into it, cause now, he LOVES the fish. Which is good, but that is all he ever wants to do when he comes into work now is look at the fish. We have dog, cat, and bird products to stock too ya know! But, I'll bet ya those tanks will be nice when I get back, I dunno about the rest of the place

Old 07-20-2004, 01:23 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ha!
It just gets weird and weirder... I always like the final sentence... Pure nonsense!

Book quiz
Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.

"You measure out your life with coffee spoons"? 8O
What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Editing to post the results of the state quiz...
You're Hawaii!
When they first meet you, few people can tell whether you want to say hello or goodbye. Either way, most of them will end up saying that you're their favorite person to visit, if only they could afford the trip. But your soft and warm image is belied by an explosive undercurrent in your personality than can leave you drenched with tears or boiling with anger for days on end. You are rather fond of using plants as clothing.

Whaaaaaaa 8O

Using plants as clothing?? You got to be kidding me.

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com