Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2004, 02:04 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You're The Handmaid's Tale!
by Margaret Atwood
An outraged feminist, you have been oppressed and even silenced in your life, fueling your fury against the society as it stands. Your role has been strictly defined by society and you are almost certainly unsatisfied with it. You have some vague idea of how this has come to be, but insufficient power to stop it, let alone reverse the trend. And somehow you blame yourself for everything because people ask you to. Beware people renaming your nation a Republic.

You're New Mexico!
A fan of spelunking and cliff-dwelling, you're the adventurous, enchanting type. It seems like you can never avoid the sun, but that's what built your house in the first place so you'll manage. You probably speak Spanish, and maybe even a long-lost language in addition. And after much careful consideration, you now sometimes agree that drive-through liquor stores are not the safest idea. Even though people think of you as yellow, your favorite question is "red or green?"

"RED OR GREEN?" This going to be my new answer for everything.... "I'm having trouble with my tetras...." Me: "Red or green?" "I can't seem to get my nitrates down..." Me: Red or green.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:25 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You measure out your life with coffee spoons.
I saw that after I messed around with the test for a while--did you answer that you like tea?
Quote:
You are rather fond of using plants as clothing.
Cotton, hemp, leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by medge00
"RED OR GREEN?" This going to be my new answer for everything....
I like it! An oppressed outraged feminist running around questioning society, "RED OR GREEN???"

Old 07-20-2004, 02:27 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
You're Costa Rica!
You're about as peaceful as anyone on the planet, a real dyed-in-the-wool pacifist. And why not? No one really poses much of a threat to you and everything seems to work out, no matter how much violence and insanity rages all around you. So you relax and appreciate nature and culture while the rest of the world carries on their petty disagreements. If only everyone could follow your example...

wow, guess I do let people bully me around.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:30 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
You're
the United Nations!

Most people think you're ineffective, but you are trying to
completely save the world from itself, so there's always going to be a long
way to go. You're always the one trying to get friends to talk to each
other, enemies to talk to each other, anyone who can to just talk instead of
beating each other about the head and torso. Sometimes it works and sometimes
it doesn't, and you get very schizophrenic as a result. But your heart
is in the right place, and sometimes also in New York

Does someone want to tell me how the UN is a country????
Old 07-20-2004, 04:31 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
You're Maryland!
You enjoy contemplating your navel so much that you want to build a whole
school devoted to said purpose. You like Chevy Chase a ton as well, maybe even more than
Cal Ripken since he started doing those Century 21 commercials. Mostly, though, you want
to kick back, watch the ballgame, and eat crabcakes. Brick is by far your favorite
building material. You might even call yourself a brick house.

HAH! How fitting!!!! Since I'm already IN maryland!! (too bad I really don't like baseball or crabcakes- give me the crabs in their true form!)
Old 07-20-2004, 05:50 PM   #36
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Hehe, that's a comical description of Maryland, but sadly true. While I can't stand baseball...I do LOVE the crabs!

And, I think the United Nations, but means that you are a well-rounded individual, and have a bit of all the countries in the world, all wrapped up in you? Just a guess, it sounds like a good description, lol.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:36 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was born and raised in Baltimore, and there's nothing like a pile of steamed crabs and a pitcher of cold beer. Boy, I do miss that. It's really hard to find good Maryland style steamed crabs down here, so when I go back to visit, I pig out!

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
Old 07-21-2004, 12:22 AM   #38
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Quote:
I was born and raised in Baltimore, and there's nothing like a pile of steamed crabs and a pitcher of cold beer. Boy, I do miss that. It's really hard to find good Maryland style steamed crabs down here, so when I go back to visit, I pig out!
This was a topic of discussion a while back in the forum, and most concurred with you cg, that MD crabs are to die for

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:22 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
There certainly are a lot of brick houses here in MD
Old 07-21-2004, 12:57 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

I took the country quiz and I'm the United Nations?! Waitaminnut - that ain't a country!

Then I took the state quiz and I'm the US Embassy!? Waitaminnut - that ain't a state!

I'm terrified to take the book quiz - I'd probably end up being the Federal Register or the Congressional Record.

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com