Which fish do you enjoy watching the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine has to be my spiny eel, he is so sneaky and whenever I clean the tank he curls around in my fingers trying to get some food. I also like when he is down in the sand with just his nose sticking out and a cory mistakes that for food and he scares them lol.

May the force be with you.

I can't decide. Cories of course, but when my silver dollars mess with each other it's hilarious. I also love watching my hatchetfish eat, they are like pacman haha. The assassin snails are cool to see when they're out too. Pretty much when I get home from work I feed a tank, sit in front of it for 45 mins, and then move to the next one.
I'm glad people say CPD because that's the first thing going in my new tank.

Another fish I like to watch are the two female guppies I raised. They were born last year and since then they have been amazing. There's something about watching fish grow from fry to adulthood that is just so amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really love watching my little bristle nose catfish. He is always on the go.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I know most people think they're boring, but I enjoy watching my guppies. They swim and play 24/7 and they always greet me and peck at my fingers etc.

Fishobsessed7

Definitely my pygmy cories! I only have 4 currently yet they're extremely active and all over the tank. I'm getting 8 more soon so I'm very much looking forward to watching them at that point :D

I love watching my Pictus Catfish destroy my sandbed and my moonlight and golden gouramis dominating my tank. my golden will slap her tail on the tank and very often on the thermometer. making noise for attention/and or food.lol

My dojo loaches. I have the Golden variety. I only have two, but they aren't the least bit shy. All over the place, seemingly intelligent, and lost their fear of me in no time at all. Not to mention how cute they are!

My apistogramma macmasteri...very good personalities. Very funny to watch how they make their face all big when they are staking territory. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419645349.696331.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! I've got 2 males and am on the hunt for females...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419647522.850900.jpg
They really are beautiful...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know most people think they're boring, but I enjoy watching my guppies. They swim and play 24/7 and they always greet me and peck at my fingers etc.

Fishobsessed7

I love watching guppies too. They are beautiful fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Depends on the time of day or what i have done to the tanks.

My Kuhli loaches have some pretty fun antics. If i turn off the filter for an hour they love to swim up the side of the tank. I have some slow motion action shots of them bending into question marks and springing into the air. They make some intricate displays when three or four are all doing this together.

My Harlequin Rasboras can be enticed into breeding displays if i drop the water temperature a little with WC. I've never successfully bred them though.

My latest favorite to watch is a Betta whose tank i set up in my room. He goes about his business while i am sitting still in my room but the second he sees me stand up he is like a dog running laps along a fence. He gets very excited when i approach. When he is bored he often decides to headbutt his Ramshorn snail tankmates. His other trick is to knock the thermometer into the water.

Goldfish are also extremely social fish if you have room for them. I love handfeeding mine portions of fruit.

I used to love watching my cories, but their personality disintegrated. I rarely see my pleco either. My angels are the only active fish in my tank, though, hopefully the new rams will speak up soon and come out.

I am still a huge fan of watching angels swim around and do their thing. There are very graceful. Rainbows are a blast because they are little flirts. Also, I would have to agree that any loaches are great to watch. They are active and generally very personable.

Yeah, I'm happy that I got angels. So far no real squabbling and they have settled into the community tank well.

The only weird thing is 4 of them have grown well but the 5th is like a dwarf version or something. Does any one know if a dwarf angel a bit over inch size exists?

Back
Top Bottom