Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

SW for me.

I agree with most, it happens to be whatever floats your boat. Saltwater does however increase buoyancy though

Old 04-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete View Post
SW for me.

I agree with most, it happens to be whatever floats your boat. Saltwater does however increase buoyancy though
Lol

Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i love both but i only do fw now i prefer fw although corals are very interesting its like the sw version of planted tanks if i have extra cash sw is next but i wouldn't do anything smaller then a 100 gallon with a 55 gallon sump
Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I enjoy freshwater cold setups
Old 05-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Regular

Salt
Old 07-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Activist

For me a planted freshwater tank looks more natural in a home than saltwater. Having owned both i can say saltwater is alot more expensive, harder to maintain, but has alot of diffrent corals inverts and fish. Freshwater is very easy, relatively cheaper, hardier fish, and has some crazy fish such as butterfly fish and shrimp and snails, crabs, lobsters, and even clams! Freshwater is my favorite because it looks more natural in the home, cheaper, easier, and plants are awesome! and CHEAP!

tmg996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I only have saltwater now but I have to admit.. The planted freshwater tanks look stunning when they are done well. And I can't say that saltwater is tougher cause that whole CO2 thing sounds intimidating as all get out. My favorite fish is still a betta that I bought at walmart 10 years ago that lived with me in a vase through my divorce. Little guy lived over 4 years. But I prefer our saltwater stuff just for all the variety. You never know what you're going to see next.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #48
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
I only have saltwater now but I have to admit.. The planted freshwater tanks look stunning when they are done well. And I can't say that saltwater is tougher cause that whole CO2 thing sounds intimidating as all get out. My favorite fish is still a betta that I bought at walmart 10 years ago that lived with me in a vase through my divorce. Little guy lived over 4 years. But I prefer our saltwater stuff just for all the variety. You never know what you're going to see next.
CO2 isn't too tough once you have it figured out -- but balancing a high light/high tech planted tank can be a very difficult juggling act.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist

To me getting the salt water perfect is hard! And then one wrong move and all the living things in the saltwater tank are dead. Freshwater allows for more margin for error, which has saved me countless times! And did i mention gouramis are awesome? Very cool shape, cool colors, and great attitudes! I got a red flame gourami a few days ago and he is awesome!

tmg996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Skype™ to ldaniel
As I have not yet tried SW i have to say that a FW planted is at the top my list. Soon though I will be able to say I have both SW and planted

Tags
freshwater, ich, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com