which is better freshwater or saltwater??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
freshwater is sooooo much better,the only good thing about saltwater is the inverts.

Saltwater, and I used to be a total freshy. There's so much more beautiful, interesting life in reefs.

Freshwater. =] I like to have planted tanks. And I like the variety without having to sacrifice my life savings.

Freshwater. =] I like to have planted tanks. And I like the variety without having to sacrifice my life savings.

Not knocking you, but have you seen the price of an arowana or a discus? Makes a bunch of fish in the SW game look like guppies price-wise.

Not to mention a high-tech planted tank can get just as pricey if not pricier than a SW reef.

I'm more into SW because of the brighter colors I seem to find and the beautiful corals are really what gets me nowadays.

I'd definitely love to have a few Iwagumi or ADA planted tanks though, CRS and microrasboras/microdevario/boraras are awesome little fish

To say one or the other is 'better' is like saying pepsi is better than coke, or vice versa. It's all about what you prefer. For me, its planted tanks. For some, its reefs. Others, its african cichlid tanks. There are millions of other tanks as well. So, my answer is neither, though my preference is FW.

Freshwater. It's more basic and tranquil, rather then saltwater, which is neon and active... I thought fish were supposed to lower your blood pressure... Not the opposite! Lol. Just IMO.

Not to mention a high-tech planted tank can get just as pricey if not pricier than a SW reef.

I'd definitely love to have a few Iwagumi or ADA planted tanks though, CRS and microrasboras/microdevario/boraras are awesome little fish

I concur :)

Anyone who thinks FW is easy needs to try running a high tech nano tank and keeping everything in balance.

I'm also with 'rook... it isn't that 1 is better than the other. There are a myriad of challenging setups on both sides that can bring a lot of enjoyment.

Salt is amazing always learning new things, always finding new things, and the fish are way cooler anyways

Not knocking you, but have you seen the price of an arowana or a discus? Makes a bunch of fish in the SW game look like guppies price-wise.

I'm more into SW because of the brighter colors I seem to find and the beautiful corals are really what gets me nowadays.

yeah, I guess my taste in FW fish is a little less expensive... it's true that discus can really get up there...

yeah,i once saw a saltwater fish for 300 dollars.the most ive seen for a freshwater fish was 200 dollars.and ive only seen the freshwater one on the internet,ive seen multiple stores carrying the saltwater one.

Back
Top Bottom