Which pleco is best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Which pleco should I get for my 20 gallon? It will be awhile but when im ready which would you choose? I'll have a nice rock formation that he/she can hide in I'm just looking for some opinions. Thanks guys!
P.S. I don't want one that will later outgrow the 20G so take that into consideration. Thank you guys!!

Well from my knowledge, Bristlenose are the smallest pleco and require about a 30gallon tank. I would go with Oto catfish or something like that.

If I remember correctly, plecos are loners. Some can be territorial and aggressive as they grow. They also produce a lot of waste which is generally why even small ones like bristlenose need bigger tanks.

Oops! Umm I don't remember if its necessary. I have 2 and they're relatively small guys. The ones I have seem happy together though. They do separate for periods of time and do their own thing. From my experience, I would say do 2.

And actually, live aquaria is saying 30gallon minimum but I've heard 10gallon minimum. I could be wrong though. Maybe someone with a bit more experience will comment?

Back
Top Bottom