Which would you get rid of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been very very fortunate and have had all of my tanks given to me. I only have a 55g Actually running with fish in it at the moment, but i am thinking about setting up my 30g again to split up my stock in the 55g in order for me to get fish I really want. So I have 3 tanks empty Im not using; 2 30g's and 1 10g. LFS gives cash/store credit for used tanks. I'm thinking of doing that with one of my empty tanks. Which one would be a good one to keep on hand for emergencies? Which would you keep and get rid of? Or would it be a better decision to keep them both just incase?

Well if I were forced to give up a tank, I'd volunteer the smallest. A 10 gallon is great for emergencies like illness or injury because you can use less meds. Either size could be used for Qt or growing fry. If you plan to only set it up when you need it, the 10 might be easier to store and to set up.

I'd keep the 10g because they won't give you next to anything from it and sell one of your 30gs, keep the other in case your livestock are bigger and need to be qt or in hospital.

I'd keep the 10g because they won't give you next to anything from it and sell one of your 30gs, keep the other in case your livestock are bigger and need to be qt or in hospital.

+1

Unless you wanted to do a dwarf shrimp tank, a good use for a 10g, or if you are planning on keeping big sized fish keep the 29G since they might fit in there better. You can always use the Hospital/QT tank for growing out plants!!!

+1

Unless you wanted to do a dwarf shrimp tank, a good use for a 10g, or if you are planning on keeping big sized fish keep the 29G since they might fit in there better. You can always use the Hospital/QT tank for growing out plants!!!

I doubt I will have any big fish, the biggest fish I have are bolivian rams that are about
2 inches each.

Do ya have room to store 'em? If so, keep 'em all. Seriously. At some point yer likely gonna wish ya had another tank of "just that size." Ya can never replace a tank for what ya get rid of it for. They never spoil, and dust and grime comes off with a little water, vinegar and elbow grease. If yer debatin' 'bout it now, that tells me yer thinkin' ya may want or need 'em down the road. Ya can always sell one later when yer certain ya don't want it.

WYite

I'm literally in the same predicament with a 55, 2 30s and a few 10s. I've decided to keep all of them. Lol.

I'm literally in the same predicament with a 55, 2 30s and a few 10s. I've decided to keep all of them. Lol.

I just can't decide.. I feel like I should get
Rid of it because I'm not even using it but I can't help but think I may need it one day.

I just can't decide.. I feel like I should get
Rid of it because I'm not even using it but I can't help but think I may need it one day.

Don't get rid of it unless you know 100%. I've regretted getting rid of most of the tanks I have gotten rid of. :)

Keep them all. I recently sold one of my 40 breeders to the LFS and I honestly don't think it paid for my gas to get there lol. I only got 10 bucks for it. Now I wish I still had it.

Back
Top Bottom