Who am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blast, now I have to come up with one... :lol:

Born in 1856 to a priest and an inventor, I attained my electrical engineer's degree at an early age. At 28, I moved from Europe to the US, where I quickly became more important to the evolution of electricity use than Edison himself. Amongst my inventions are electric motors, fluorescent lights , laser beams, wireless communications, remote controls, robotics, and VTOL aircraft....I also invented radio and x-rays first, but was never credited until 1943....the year I died.

"The son of former slaves, I was born on March 4, 1877. while still a teenager, I left Kentucky and moved north to Cincinnati, Ohio in search of opportunity.

My formal education never took me beyond elementary school. In 1895, I moved to Cleveland, Ohio, where I worked as a sewing machine repair man for a clothing manufacturer. News of my proficiency for fixing things and experimenting traveled fast and led to numerous job offers from various manufacturing firms in the Cleveland area.

In 1907, I opened my own sewing equipment and repair shop. It was the first of several businesses I would establish.

In 1920, I went into the newspaper business and established the Cleveland Call. I was inspired while driving along the streets of Cleveland that inspired me to invent a device that I am world famous for.

I also invented numerous other things including the gas mask."

Who am I?

Okay, here goes:

"I was born in 1738 in Springfield PA, and was largely self-taught. In 1763 I moved to England where I gained the friendship of Sir Joshua Reynolds and the patronage of King George III. Some of my works are highly prized on display. I also was the founder of the Royal Academy of Arts."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom