Who am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind if I do...thanks Toirtis:

"I was born in Germany in 1844. As an avid engineer, I was fascinated by an idea of making a vehicle that could run without the use of horses. I partnered with a fellow (whose name seemed to vanish but has recently been associated with an American company). Together, we finally got the horseless carriage running.

Most people know the name of the company we founded which utilized the name of one of my engineers daughters. The company is now over 100 years old and still going strong."

Who am I and what was my original partners name?

(y) (y)

Nicely done Aquanaut. In the interest of fairness, since you didn't give wishbone a chance to complete the answer, wishbone wins by default.

Your up wishbone!

and a small consolation prize for you aquanaut. :D

damn I forgot that part! I was was just checking back.. o'well.. =) no problem though, it's all in good fun.

Jchillin said:
(y) (y)

Nicely done Aquanaut. In the interest of fairness, since you didn't give wishbone a chance to complete the answer, wishbone wins by default.

Your up wishbone!

and a small consolation prize for you aquanaut. :D

It is your turn wishbone.

"She worked as a waitress in a little restaraunt in West Dallas, Texas. Her demeanor was admirable, and she drew the attention of many customers, among them a cop named Ted. He rather liked her reddish hair. He had noticed she was petite, slim, and attractive. This cop began to patronize the place, and came in every so often, looking this girl up. They talked a bit, and she mentioned her sad relationship to her husband, whom she had married a few years back. He was never around, and now, he was doing time in prison. The cop sympathized with her. He liked her, and liked talking to her.

One day, he noticed she had disappeared. She quit her job at the restaraunt and went off with another man. It was later learned that she never officially divorced her husband, in fact, she sported a tatoo of a heart with his and her name on her leg, and in this depression era of the 1930's, that was frowned upon by most. He missed her, but alas, that happens sometimes.

He saw her name in the papers. Her and her new companion apparently cruised the southwest making a bad name for themselves. They cruised fast; her friend often put his Ford V-8 to the test, stretching out 90 miles per hour on the back roads. They loved to take pictures of themselves posing. They robbed, killed, and fled. He knew she lived a miserable and short life.

It was in Louisiana when her and her friend flew down a back road near Gibson. They did not know the territory well, and she munched on a sandwich and looked at a map on her lap when a law officer stepped out and ordered them to halt. She looked up screaming, and never stopped as a rain of 167 bullets from an ambush hit her car, at least 50 hitting her friend, and 50 hitting her.

Ted, one of the ambush officers, stepped out into the road. He walked around to her side of the car and pulled open the door. The not-so-pretty redhead flopped out into his hands, her little body riddled. He picked up an arm and instinctively felt for a pulse. There was one...for about 30 more seconds...before her torn body gave up.

His heart pounding from the adrenaline, pushed her back inside so that she plopped against her boyfriend. An amateur photographer was called over to begin taking pictures of this last scene, the scene that ended the story, that ended this pretty little waitress, who may...may...have gone a different route had she not left with this guy."

The name of the waitress and her partner is?

Extra bonus, What is the cops full name?

Wow...no one wants to go? That leaves me no choice:

"I actually started my career as a lawyer. For some reason, I joined the FBI in 1927. I made a name for myself and the Bureau as a whole when I was appointed "Agent-in-charge" of the John Dillinger Manhunt. It was when we put an end to John Dillinger's life that several terms became part of the language lexicon, these included" "The lady in the red dress" and "Stick em' up Johnny". My exploits actually competed for front page news with that other G-man from Chicago, Elliott Ness (who actually worked for the Treasury, not the FBI as many believe to this day). I also worked on the cases of Baby Faced Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd.

In 1960, having been diagnosed with cancer, I ended my life by shooting myself with the same gun I had during the John Dillinger case.

"Who am I"

Toirtis said:
Melvin Purvis, although a lot of investigators believe his death was actually accidental.

(y) You're right there Toirtis. The "wracked with cancer suicide" explanation was easier for the public to digest. A professional lawman shoots himself accidentally wouldn't have gone over real well. :wink:

Hey...it hasn't been 36 hours yet...:p

"I was born in New York in late 1968...my parents a civil engineer and a biochemist...my forte is the arts, in which I have a graduate degree...I am bilingual, and have a black belt in one martial art, and am quite adept at two others...I enjoy rock-climbing and skiing in my spare time, when I am not working live theatre or the big screen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom