Who am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay JC....You should have been a little more vague....You are Ethan Allen and I think it is Fort Tieconderoga, but I thought they attacked and captured it, not defended it....anyway..... (you really should have left out the green mountain boys).....bonus for you if you know what Vermont was called back then....

I was born in The Big Apple in 1914. My Mother and Father were both Jewish imigrants from Russia. Neither of them had any formal schooling, but they wanted to make sure that we all succeeded so they mad us study very hard. I was the first person in my family to attend college. I went to City college of New York intending to become a lawyer. It wasn't long before I realized tha I was better suited to medicine than to law. I did my Med school at New York University and was invited to do a year long internship working on the influenza virus for the Army. In 1947 I went to work for the Medical School of the University of Pitsburgh working with children suffering from paralisis. While working here I spent every free minute working on what I would become most famous for. It took 8 long years but it finally paid off.

Who am I?

It must be that Dr. Salk that invented the polio vaccine. I saw something on him for the anniversary of it's discovery.

Well...under the circumstances...I'll go:

"I was born on March 16, 1926, in Newark, New Jersey. My parents were professionals in the entertainment world and the bug caught me at an early age. When I was five years old I made my debut in New York's Borscht Circuit singing "Brother, Can You Spare A Dime?" By the time I was fifteen, I had perfected a comic routine, miming and silently mouthing lyrics of operatic and popular songs to a phonograph located off-stage. This was known as my "Record Act".

In 1946, I needed a stand-in for my act and asked an obscure singer that I had performed with to help me out. We did some comic routines and were discovered by a movie producer during the act.

My partnership with this obscure singer lasted ten years and we made several movies during that time. Our partnership dissolved and I went on to a very successful solo movie career where I applied my comic talents.

In later years, I successfully founded a charity which via the use of television, became one of the most successful charities ever. A virtual who's who of Hollywood appeared on the show."

Who am I?

Who am I?

I was born in 1898 in Adelaide. I went to a now elite private school and eventually made my way to the University of Adelaide. I graduated in 1921 and was awared a Rhodes Scholarship. In 1927 I was appointed Huddersfield Lecturer in Special Pathology at Cambridge. In 1938 I started studing naturally occuring antibacterial substances and went on to to be awarded a knighthood and Nobel prize for my work.

No, but I appear to have somehow missed it in the 'new posts' list last night.

OK, easy one....

Born in Bayonne (New Jersey, not France) in the 1920's to Russian-Jewish parents, I briefly played violin for the New York Philharmonic and Metropolitan Opera. I joined the army in 1944 and served in Korea...I have worked for the American Museum of Natural History, written a book or two, and collected a PhD in medicine. I am well known for my fossil and musical instrument collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom