Who am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a...

...farmer's daughter, although my father held other jobs in his life. At different times he managed a hotel, worked as a carpenter and a butcher, and managed a railroad.

...sister to four siblings, three sisters and a brother who died as an infant.

...wife to a farmer for 64 years until his death at the age of 92. Together we had two children. Our daughter became a novelist and political theorist. Our son died soon after birth.

During my life I have held jobs as a teacher, seamstress, newspaper editor, loan officer, and farmer. My husband and I tried wheat farming, but later had more success with a dairy & poultry farm. However, I am most famous for writing a series of semi-autobiographical historical fiction books.

I lived to be 90 years old.

A Welsh Norewegian, I had a rough childhood. I have worked in the oil industry, flown for the air force, and did a bit of writing. I have had two wives and 5 kids, one of who I lost to measles before she was ten. Despite a long life and having travelled the world, I died less than 150 miles from where I was born. Who am I?

I am pretty sure I know who it is, but I am hoping that someone else will do the same google searches I have done to figure it out!

A couple of this author's children's books I really enjoy, most I can't stand.
Kimberly

Yes, I am a google cheat! (Although I asked and I was told that googling was not cheating, if it is I won't do it anymore). These are making me use my thinking skills a bit more than being an at home mom to toddlers, so I am enjoying figuring them out. But I also waited (very patiently for me, I might add!) before posting the answer.

Someone please confirm to whether googling is cheating or not.

And someone else can take my turn.

Kimberly

Thanks. I will try to be patient so that other people can figure it out, but when this one got to the second page with no guesses...well, I wasn't so patient anymore.

Someone else can still take my turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom