Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Exclamation Finger pointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoodrough View Post
Ok, then one more thing. I know someone posted this along the way here but this thread has become so ridiculously deep I don't want to have to dig:

Who are the best people to listen to on the forum? I have never made a list of them and would love to print one off and keep it.
There are a lot of incredibly knowledgeable people on this sight, many of them are ALWAYS posting, and they tend to be consistent, then there are some who rarely post on forums, but they are dead on and you should definitely take their advice..... If you just browse through the forums and read up on what type of tank/ set up that a person has or is used to having you can usually find those that are honestly telling you from personal experience and those that are just reciting. You'll also find that answer styles differ from short, curt, and abrupt to friendly walk throughs. Nobody is any better or worse and most of us started out not knowing exactly what we were doing. Also bear in mind that most people that "specialize" in one specific variety of fish keeping will be consistently at odds with another who has had success in keeping the same variety of fish in a completely different way. It's the nature of the beast. I would never dream about trying to make a list, but checking a persons profile and looking at the types of tanks that they own is a good way to get an idea of scope that a person giving you advice has on the complete idea of aquaculture. for listening.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi I think making a list of people/posters to listen to would alienate many members,and would prove problematic - after all who says who is an expert or some one to listen too? We all do our best but obviously some members are less than subtle in how they tell you? This is what makes internet forums so fascinating but also so confusing at times!! If the mods come up with a suggestion or idea then I think it would be very interesting to hear

Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Regular

I suggest getting your information from several sources/forums.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flo_yo View Post
I suggest getting your information from several sources/forums.
That is a good idea but can lead to confusion possibly? {Its what I do, get info from several sources,my main source is my local fish shop}
Old 12-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Regular

It will certainly lead to confusion. I think most people follow this general rule and then start a thread if they're doing too much head scratching after their research.

To the OPs point, some people are quick to jump to conclusions. Sometimes they are making assumptions based on information that is left out. Regardless you should always take criticism with a grain of salt, if you're happy and your fish are happy dont let others ruin your party
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flo_yo View Post
It will certainly lead to confusion. I think most people follow this general rule and then start a thread if they're doing too much head scratching after their research.

To the OPs point, some people are quick to jump to conclusions. Sometimes they are making assumptions based on information that is left out. Regardless you should always take criticism with a grain of salt, if you're happy and your fish are happy dont let others ruin your party
Well said
Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's it.

After 10 pages of threads, no one here answered the question. So I am here to finally answer the question.

I am the one among you that has the perfect tank. :-p
Old 12-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron1282 View Post
That's it.

After 10 pages of threads, no one here answered the question. So I am here to finally answer the question.

Hahahahah I think this was much needed
Old 12-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Freak

Love it!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron1282 View Post
That's it.

Wheres it at?? Lol I have followed this whole thread quietly

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com