Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

oh...and I thought I'd add that in the case that a fish died in the tank, I would remove everything and clean with vinegar and rinse, rinse rinse! Not a big deal since it's such a small tank.

I started this tank by using old tank water from my big tank, squeezing the sponges into the tank (turning the water very orange brown) and then adding some gravel into stocking from the other tank. The tank was instantly cycled this way!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a 29 gallon qt set up it also started with PVC and bare bottom when I had my naso tang in there his stress spot wouldn't go away so before he stresses himself out I added sand and a couple of pieces from my liverock and he calmed down.... Now he's in my dt and my qt looks like its turning into a dt so if I ever need to medicate ill just use the 29gal and start it over if I have to clean it out a lot easier and cheaper then med the bigger dt hope this makes sense lol

Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboer7 View Post
I have a 29 gallon qt set up it also started with PVC and bare bottom when I had my naso tang in there his stress spot wouldn't go away so before he stresses himself out I added sand and a couple of pieces from my liverock and he calmed down.... Now he's in my dt and my qt looks like its turning into a dt so if I ever need to medicate ill just use the 29gal and start it over if I have to clean it out a lot easier and cheaper then med the bigger dt hope this makes sense lol
Makes perfect sense!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's a picture of mine. The stockings have seeded gravel in them. I put them in when I first set the tank up to jump start it and since have removed them. My QT has a lot more in it then most would reccomend but I found my fish heal faster in this environment then in a sparsely decorated one without substrate.

Tags
quarantine, quarantine tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com