Who has the ugliest fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Albino Cory cats. Ugly as sin, but a great little clean up crew! Hahaha. They're almost cute when they're tiny..but well...mine, at 4 inches, made my grandma gasp and walk out of the room :p

I apologize, they're very difficult to photograph, always scurrying about!

Attachments

• image-3133917419.jpg
    image-3133917419.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image-4216130192.jpg
    image-4216130192.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2938915488.jpg
    image-2938915488.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 100
Haha they are ugly! Have you seen albino cave tetras or something?? They are creepy. Someone post a pic of those!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha they are ugly! Have you seen albino cave tetras or something?? They are creepy. Someone post a pic of those!!

God yeah, blind cave tetras are pretty freaky.

Omg I absolutely love blind cave tetras!! They are über ugly, though, they don't even have eyes!! They are so cool!

And I agree- albino cories are pretty ugly!! And glocichlids? Really?? Not to put any fish higher on the scale than any other, but danios and tetras are hearty beginner fish that can take a lot of abuse, but cichlids?? Please say it isn't so!! I've seen pink kisser gourami (which sickened me) and fluorescent injected glass tetra (known as painted glass tetra), but not the cichlid!!

ktomminello said:
And I agree- albino cories are pretty ugly!! And glocichlids? Really?? Not to put any fish higher on the scale than any other, but danios and tetras are hearty beginner fish that can take a lot of abuse, but cichlids?? Please say it isn't so!! I've seen pink kisser gourami (which sickened me) and fluorescent injected glass tetra (known as painted glass tetra), but not the cichlid!!

I've never seen a pink kisser gourami in person, but I thought that was a natural coloration? Could be dead wrong though.

Pink kissers are naturally pink, although there are places that tattoo things like hearts and polka dots and stuff, they do it to koi and goldfish too

ktomminello said:
Pink kissers are naturally pink, although there are places that tattoo things like hearts and polka dots and stuff, they do it to koi and goldfish too

And blood parrots. *shudder* why take such naturally gorgeous fish, and make them look unnatural and sickly, if they do survive, which the majority don't. I literally don't understand

People are impulsive, and most people that have 'fish tanks' don't expect their fish to live, they just buy more/ replace with fry and 'get rid of' the other one. My whole family are known aquaculturists and I am a known face to all the local pet stores. Make my counter point bud? Lol :)

Horsegirlmaddy said:
And blood parrots. *shudder* why take such naturally gorgeous fish, and make them look unnatural and sickly, if they do survive, which the majority don't. I literally don't understand

Yeah, I've seen some pretty deformed blood parrots, with misshapen mouths they couldn't even close

Flowerhorns. Ugly ugly ugly.

Good lord yes. I see them for sale online and wonder why anyone would want something that looks as if it has a brain on the outside of its skull. o_O. For hundreds of dollars...

My 6" pink and pearl shimmery gourami is gorgeous, and I also think my cories (2 albino and one emerald giant one) are adorable.

I have a tiny albino bristle nose pleco coming from someone on here...guess I just like oddballs. :)

tarpon said:
Yeah, I've seen some pretty deformed blood parrots, with misshapen mouths they couldn't even close

Not to mention "love parrots" which have their tails cut into a heart shape. Yuck.

Omg. I think we have a winner. I don't see how anything could top the blobfish. That thing looks like a science experiment gone wrong.

A few koi breeds look ugly too but the blob fish is another level of ugliness.

Had never heard of a blobfish. Had to look that one up and, yeah, that's gotta be the ugliest fish EVER!!!! It looks like a persons face that started melting!!! That's hideous! I think the contest is over- he "won"! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom