Who has the ugliest fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beengirl said:
No!!!!!!!!!! Say it isn't so!!!! Clown fish have very cute rounded off little faces!!!!! And their stripes are so cool. Now Say it with me: clownfish are cute. :) lol

Haha look close at their faces... Say it with me "grumpy old men!" hahaha

I think angler fish are über awesome looking. I especially like wartface frog fish and stargazers... Flounder are really ugly fish

Glofish, they are dye injected danios

Actually, GloFish are genetically altered to display those colors via the injection of a gene from sea coral or jellyfish - depending on the color. The long-term goal is to develop a reaction that shows, via coloration, when their body of water is polluted.

Lol, this has medical experiment gone horribly wrong written all over it, the jellyfish part of it it's only so that they glow, they are doing the same thing with cats in the name of research on HIV AIDS and cancers that affect the immune system. I'm more upset about the color injection.

ktomminello said:
Glofish, they are dye injected danios

Yes, they're not dyed, and the color actually passes down from generation to generation.
Some fish are dyed and tattood, though not glofish

Actually, GloFish are genetically altered to display those colors via the injection of a gene from sea coral or jellyfish - depending on the color. The long-term goal is to develop a reaction that shows, via coloration, when their body of water is polluted.

That really isn't a goal anymore :( they tried it out, it failed, and then they started selling them where they sadly became very popular. Now they have glo-tetras, and are even making glo-cichlids :( I fully agree they are the ugliest.

And by the way - clownfish aren't ugly!

bud29 said:
That really isn't a goal anymore :( they tried it out, it failed, and then they started selling them where they sadly became very popular. Now they have glo-tetras, and are even making glo-cichlids :( I fully agree they are the ugliest.

And by the way - clownfish aren't ugly!

If i could post pictures on here i would show you just how ugly they are.... Gotta own one to see it ;)

You guys must have never seen a full grown clarki or maroon clownfish. I agree with nu nu they are ugly.

Mine are beautiful two ocs clowns. Faces only a mother could love. I do agree once some clowns get big they do tend to get up on the ugly scale. :)

Ugly?? No. It's a grumpy old man look, not ugly. Just wait until you're grumpy old men, then you won't think it's so ugly! Haha :D

Back
Top Bottom