Who hates the tanked people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
On their show they put an angel fish and a puffer fish and they knew they were going to fight and pick on each other too , and they stock the tank by themselves so what if the person getting the tank doesn't know anything about those fish , it is just really sad that people don't understand fish and the special care they need :(

Hate is a very strong word to use especially in the case of a TV show, you must be fairly young to throw such a word around like that. That word is completely thrown around now far to causally in my opinion, spend a little time researching that word being used throughout history...it's an extremely ugly and offensive word. I added the definition for you and took the liberty to make some highlights.

Definition:
verb (used with object)
1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
2. to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
verb (used without object)
3. to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.
noun
4. intense dislike; extreme aversion or hostility.
5. the object of extreme aversion or hostility.

I prefer:

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear". by Dr. Martin Luther King jr.

Last edited:
Hate is a very strong word to use especially in the case of a TV show, you must be fairly young to throw such a word around like that. That word is completely thrown around now far to causally in my opinion, spend a little time researching that word being used throughout history...it's an extremely ugly and offensive word. I added the definition for you and took the liberty to make some highlights.

Definition:
verb (used with object)
1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
noun

I prefer:

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear". by Dr. Martin Luther King jr.

love is a very strong word too...

Definition:
verb (used with object)
noun

I prefer:

Sorry I should of said I don't like them :( I'm sorry

Sorry I should of said I don't like them :( I'm sorry

Thank you for clearing that up, now with that out of the way. No, I don't hate them and I respect their drive to follow their dreams, and I can bet nearly 99% of the members here including myself would like to be in their shoes right now. Granted sometimes they are a little silly, the scripts are strange, and the stock choices(I'm sure for TV purposes) are not ideal but they really help bring one of my great passions into the public which is a win for every aquarist here. With growing popularity comes new pet stores, which brings more new aquarist into the hobby, which in turn brings more local jobs. I think they are really doing a fantasic job at showing the potential of what this hobby could be, granted most can't afford those tanks but none the less the sky is the limit with them.

Last edited:
I agree the show is silly & staged, but these guys do a lot to support marine education in the local schools. They have no control over what gets edited out and makes it on the air.
It would be great to hear discussions of cycling, filtration and compatibility - but if you can afford these tanks, you let someone else worry about it. IMO it's like buying a race car then hiring a driver, but I guess some people don't realize the most enjoyable part of the hobby is to do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom