Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-21-2005, 08:20 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Second favorite has to be Jill Scott, if anyone knows her she does a lot of work with a Hip-Hop group out of Philly called The Roots, absolutely amazing!
She is awesome. Heck of a writer.

Freddie Mercury (IMO best front man of a rock group ever
Gotta agree there too.

My favorite band - Elements of the universe: "Earth, Wind, and Fire" (its a 70's thing)
Favorite singer - toss up between Al Jarreau and Aaron Neville (old school choices), then India Arie (new school)

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 11-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hmm, favorite band. That's a hard one and I don't think I really have a true fav. So, I agree a solid choice would be Metallica.
Fav singer would be Dolores O'Riordan Burton with two very close seconds being Loreena McKennitt and Amy Lee

Old 11-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Impossible to pick favorites....there are just way too many!

But I have to agree Freddy Mercury was one of the best and I also bow down to Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler. Ozzy Osbourne also has an amazing and unforgettable voice.

Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Carole King, and Johnny Cash are old favorites.

Bruce Springstein, Billy Joel, John Cougar Melloncamp, & Elton John are
comfortable like an old pair of jeans.

Otis Redding is my favorite for cozy Sunday mornings. I love him!!!

Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell" is probably one of my all time favorite beginning to end albums. And for long car rides the Violent Femmes provide the most fun sing a longs.

Coldplay, Dave Matthews, Cake, Sarah McLachlan, 3 doors down, Evanescence, and Matchbox Twenty are currently in the cd player and get alot of rotation in my house along with everything else under the sun!

Pretty much my husband and I love all types of music except I can't stand all his techno crap and he refuses to admit that any country music is good.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Too hard for me to pick just one favorite. Of them all, there are two bands that I will ALWAYS play/listen to over anything else available:
#1 Nirvana
#2 Metallica (especially the "Black Album")

Favorite Singer? This I don't know. I could name a lead-singer, but that's not fair to the rest of the group. I don't listen to country so those self-titled bands (i.e. they go by their name, but clearly have a band/group behind them) don't count to me. Against my beliefs, however, one person who can sing very well (OK, blow your socks off) both in a studio and live in person (no studio effects or enhancments) is:
Kelly Clarkson

(funny thing is, I don't even like her music. I have to give credit to an awesome voice though)
75 Gallon High-Tech Planted Community
3.5 WPG using T8's
Fluorite w/sand mix
Rena Filstar XP2
Pressurized CO2 w/SMS122

29 Gallon Goldfish
4" Red/White Ryunkin
4" Orange Fantail
Penguin 100
AquaClear 20
Old 11-21-2005, 04:53 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My avatar and the title of this thread are both clues: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=65696
Old 11-21-2005, 05:37 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
hmmm, I've never heard of dream theater before......what is it? Metal?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Progressive metal, which is hard to explain. As I have heard the band sometimes explain it, if you took Pink Floyd, Metallica, and Rush, and stuck them in the microwave until the whole thing blew up, that's kind of the idea.

...But how did you figure out who they are if you have never heard of them?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
Googled "Pull Me Under" & "Images and Words" and all the hits pointed to a band called Dream Theater.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Such a toughie.

My favorite band of all time was Creed...but they had to go get all broken apart and stuff...

So, I'm currently hooked on Shinedown and Ra. Shinedown is an amazing rock group, and if you've ever heard their rendition of "Simple Man", you'd agree with me. They have all the makings of a current rock band, and just a touch of the classics that I love. Ra will soon rule the world. I don't think they've quite made it as mainstream as they deserve yet, but their music is rockin'.

My favorite singer of all time would have to be Scott Stapp. Maybe it's just his shoulder length hair and charming good looks, but dangit, he sings amazing! I encourage anyone who liked Creed to invest in his new CD (which comes out tommorow I do believe) and listen to his song "The Great Divide" and "Relearn Love". Amazing!

There are sooo many others, but those are good for now.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #20
wow someone up north heard of shinedown!!! they are really getting big! I have met them twice here in central Florida where they started out.. awesome group of guys.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com