Who wants some cuttle fish!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nope wouldnt touch them. they are delicate and short-lived. dont think they are quite perfected enough yet for the general hobby

I've been on night dives with them. They aren't very big and will jet away if you get close, but one night I found one about 6" long that stayed put for a while and put on a show. The patterns he ran through and the colors were off the chart.

The patterns he ran through and the colors were off the chart.

During some of our fishing trip in Key west on the bridge bioluminescent plankton light up the water. Very awesome when you are in a pitch black bridge and the water is glowing all over. Further up north & in the keys they have trips on the kayak when the water is glowing.

the other thing to remember with cuttles is that they have a truely adaptive skin to them. not only can they change colors, not only can they make patterns, but they can create dynamic moving patterns across their bodies AND change the texture of their skin. people think the mimic octopus is the king of deception, i feel the cuttle owns that title

They only live a year or so. 400 bucks is absurd however, since I see them on stock lists for 8 bucks regularly.

np i absolutely love the Cuttles....just know enough to respect that they arent quite hobby friendly at this point.

Woo! Just realized my spelling got fixed so I done look like an idiot anymore haha. I agree with you huma, at $200 a cuttle, that's not a cephalopod I want to risk dying in my system. Very beautiful invert but they should be left to zoos/aquariums or the wild

Back
Top Bottom