Who wants to see one of the worst tanks ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll try :ermm:. Her mother is from China and speaks very little english, so it's a bit hard to communicate sometimes.

Tropical said:
I'll try :ermm:. Her mother is from China and speaks very little english, so it's a bit hard to communicate sometimes.

Oh...ya that is tough...

thats certainly bad, its because its right infront of a window, direct sunlight would make a tank like that in no time. One of the worst has to be a guy who had a betta and a pleco in a bowl.

Wow, lots of horror stories... I was appalled. Wanna hear something worse that happened yesterday. My mother-in-law is always in awe at my many fish tanks so she decided to get one a few months ago... 10 guppies 30 gallon but little to no filtration (she turns off the pump because it's noisy) I told her she has no business with an aquarium and that she needs to do at least a PWC (I told her some water). She emptied the tank, washed all the decorations with soap and water, and then proceeded to refill with tap water and put her fish back in. She called yesterday and asked my wife to ask me why all her fish died... so sad.

Wow, lots of horror stories... I was appalled. Wanna hear something worse that happened yesterday. My mother-in-law is always in awe at my many fish tanks so she decided to get one a few months ago... 10 guppies 30 gallon but little to no filtration (she turns off the pump because it's noisy) I told her she has no business with an aquarium and that she needs to do at least a PWC (I told her some water). She emptied the tank, washed all the decorations with soap and water, and then proceeded to refill with tap water and put her fish back in. She called yesterday and asked my wife to ask me why all her fish died... so sad.

Ouch!:facepalm: At least she didn't wash the tank with the fish in it:whistle:
That's going to be tough to top ... But here's a try ... a few years ago my wife bought a cheap 2.5 gallon tank kit which we gave to our son to house a small common goldfish (named Goldy) .... (this was pre AA when I new nothing :D) Anyway ... the fish actually thrived in there for many months... don't ask me how.

One day, on looking at the dirty cotton/polyfil in the underwater/gravel filter, I get the genius idea to completely clean the tank! ... Yep you guessed it ... tap water:eek: ... who knew? (at least I put Goldy in cup of tank water(y)) Anyway ... a few days later, Goldy passed away from what I can only now think was ammonia poisoning:facepalm:.

At the time I thought Goldy caught a disease from one of those carnival goldfish we added to the tank just the day after the cleaning (it died the night before Goldy). Only now do I realize I killed Goldy when I put it back in a freshly cleaned 2.5 gallon sized tank:banghead:.

I still kringe when I think back ... thankfully, our son accepted that it "died and went to heaven". What a difference AA can make!

My friend, (that I forced to make an account here) has her albino rainbow shark in a 2.65 gallon tank. :( I swear I'm gonna upgrade that tank for her if she doesn't!!!

Homedog98 said:
My friend, (that I forced to make an account here) has her albino rainbow shark in a 2.65 gallon tank. :( I swear I'm gonna upgrade that tank for her if she doesn't!!!

She will...

Joyler said:
She will...

She was the bassketball99 person Mariah that was on... Although it sounds like she's only getting a 30 for it. :( at least it'll be alone.

True. Very true. I hate it when I go over to her house... I doubt she's ever done a water change, and there's no filter on her tank. :(

Homedog98 said:
She was the bassketball99 person Mariah that was on... Although it sounds like she's only getting a 30 for it. :( at least it'll be alone.

I remember who she is :) why don't you show her how to? :)

Joyler said:
I remember who she is :) why don't you show her how to? :)

She just doesn't care. She acts like she does around me, but I doubt she'll do something about it. She did say she wants me to come shopping with her when (more like if) she gets it, so I might can help her there. (or I can just offer to take the poor fish lol.)

jcolon said:
What amazes me is the fish in the pic LOOK to be in good shape (we can only guess how they're really doing :nono:) They must've been in that pea soup so long, they've built an immunity to it!

Anyone want to take wagers at the state of the filter?

I bet sadly as soon as there cleaned they will be poorly. They probably have got used to that manky water and clean stuff will give them one big shock!
Poor things

Now how many of you wood drink from your tanks. Mine is crystal clear so i know i would

Now how many of you wood drink from your tanks. Mine is crystal clear so i know i would
i would,if its good enough for my fish to live in,its good enough to drink. saying you wouldnt drink your tank water is kind of hypocritical(unless you dont have fish in it).

Back
Top Bottom