Who wants to see one of the worst tanks ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok,thats fair.anyone who wouldnt drink ther FW tank is hypocritical.

alLexX said:
ok,thats fair.anyone who wouldnt drink ther FW tank is hypocritical.

I wouldnt! I don't believe it is hypocritical at all...there are some seriously dangerous things you can get from fish, or things that happen to be in that habitat...some people can't afford to take the risk! :) just sayin...

yeah,but your fish live in there 24/7,if its bad for you,it really shouldnt be in your tank.

Joyler said:
I wouldnt! I don't believe it is hypocritical at all...there are some seriously dangerous things you can get from fish, or things that happen to be in that habitat...some people can't afford to take the risk! :) just sayin...

I've always wondered if you could get anything I've gotten some in my mouth at a few intense fishtankin times lol

dollabill420 said:
I've always wondered if you could get anything I've gotten some in my mouth at a few intense fishtankin times lol

I sent you a pm

The last used tank I bought was a 65 gallon that was at one point a reef. All the ballast were fried, she had put two shop fluorescent bulbs over the tank, one was blown. All the inverts were dead, she didn't clean them out. There was a full grown maroon clown still in it, alive somehow. She hadn't done a water change in well over a year, and the tank stunk horribly. There was SO much waste in/on the rocks when we took them out the water looked like a swamp. The waste was easily an inch thick on top of the CC substrate. Got home, tested the water while it was still in the buckets, nitrates maxed out the api test which is 160ppm. I sold the maroon to my LFS and dumped all the water. Threw out the lights and started completely from scratch. It was so NASTY. She said she didn't enjoy keeping them anymore, so I asked why she didn't sell the system the moment she decided that. Not only would the livestock gone to a good home, but she would have gotten some decent money out of it. I only paid 300, for rock and all. It was a nice tank once I fixed it up, I sold it for 500 a few weeks ago.

I guess as long as you don't see a picture of your own tank in this thread than life is good.......:- )

jcolon said:
What amazes me is the fish in the pic LOOK to be in good shape (we can only guess how they're really doing :nono:) They must've been in that pea soup so long, they've built an immunity to it!

Anyone want to take wagers at the state of the filter?

My guess is it's shot

Dary421 said:
I guess as long as you don't see a picture of your own tank in this thread than life is good.......:- )

Due to moving house my daughters goldfish tank was neglected for 3 weeks. It looked filthy. But still nothing near like this tank does!
I question how there still alive?!

What amazes me is the fish in the pic LOOK to be in good shape (we can only guess how they're really doing :nono:) They must've been in that pea soup so long, they've built an immunity to it!

Anyone want to take wagers at the state of the filter?

My guess is it's shot

I don't know about you ... but after taking a closer look at the tank ... is there event a filter in there ... somewhere .. either working or non? I don't see any hoses indicating a canister :nono:(granted all the green makes it hard to see). Since the water level is lower than the top rim ... you should be able make out if it has an HOB.

Ok ... how about internal filters" ... I don't see any surface agitation indicating bubbles or current flow? What's left UGF?

Just curious ... as Antipixx said ... if there is one ... it probably shot, or disconnected ... Hey ... that coffee maker's more important than a filter right?

Ok Ok ... after I clicked on the pic and saw the expanded thumbnail ... you can .. make out bubbles ... looks like from an airline.

Your right there is a bubble rod on the front of the tank but i see no other indication of any type of filter either. But the crystal clear water cooler next to the tank makes me mad, not to mention that the fish are more than likely hating it too. That is if they can see that far out of the tank.

I'd rewire tne cooler to push a filter and a small air pump, cut the bottom off the jug replace with lid of some sort an use that for a tank. Lol

Just saw an episode of Hardcore Pawn...the owner has what looks like a 40-50gal in his office with about 10-12 grown goldfish. They only show the aquarium for a split second and you can still see how green the water is.

jimenezlee said:
Move the fish into a clean tank and throw some daphnia in there! :)

I bet if you put those fish into clean water they'd probably die from shock,....the re-acclimation process would be interesting.....

Back
Top Bottom