Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Maybe you should explain it to her mother

Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'll try . Her mother is from China and speaks very little english, so it's a bit hard to communicate sometimes.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
I'll try . Her mother is from China and speaks very little english, so it's a bit hard to communicate sometimes.
Oh...ya that is tough...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #24
mus
Aquarium Advice Regular

thats certainly bad, its because its right infront of a window, direct sunlight would make a tank like that in no time. One of the worst has to be a guy who had a betta and a pleco in a bowl.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

Wow, lots of horror stories... I was appalled. Wanna hear something worse that happened yesterday. My mother-in-law is always in awe at my many fish tanks so she decided to get one a few months ago... 10 guppies 30 gallon but little to no filtration (she turns off the pump because it's noisy) I told her she has no business with an aquarium and that she needs to do at least a PWC (I told her some water). She emptied the tank, washed all the decorations with soap and water, and then proceeded to refill with tap water and put her fish back in. She called yesterday and asked my wife to ask me why all her fish died... so sad.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #26
Planted Tank Addict

Send a message via MSN to daileene Send a message via Yahoo to daileene Send a message via Skype™ to daileene
oh no.....how horrible......

5G Planted|10G Planted|10G Planted #2|10G Paludarium #3|20G Long Planted|20G Long Planted#2
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous." (1 Cor. 13:4a)
daileene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is really sad...
Old 06-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendergraft2111 View Post
Wow, lots of horror stories... I was appalled. Wanna hear something worse that happened yesterday. My mother-in-law is always in awe at my many fish tanks so she decided to get one a few months ago... 10 guppies 30 gallon but little to no filtration (she turns off the pump because it's noisy) I told her she has no business with an aquarium and that she needs to do at least a PWC (I told her some water). She emptied the tank, washed all the decorations with soap and water, and then proceeded to refill with tap water and put her fish back in. She called yesterday and asked my wife to ask me why all her fish died... so sad.
Ouch! At least she didn't wash the tank with the fish in it
That's going to be tough to top ... But here's a try ... a few years ago my wife bought a cheap 2.5 gallon tank kit which we gave to our son to house a small common goldfish (named Goldy) .... (this was pre AA when I new nothing ) Anyway ... the fish actually thrived in there for many months... don't ask me how.

One day, on looking at the dirty cotton/polyfil in the underwater/gravel filter, I get the genius idea to completely clean the tank! ... Yep you guessed it ... tap water ... who knew? (at least I put Goldy in cup of tank water) Anyway ... a few days later, Goldy passed away from what I can only now think was ammonia poisoning.

At the time I thought Goldy caught a disease from one of those carnival goldfish we added to the tank just the day after the cleaning (it died the night before Goldy). Only now do I realize I killed Goldy when I put it back in a freshly cleaned 2.5 gallon sized tank.

I still kringe when I think back ... thankfully, our son accepted that it "died and went to heaven". What a difference AA can make!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #29

My friend, (that I forced to make an account here) has her albino rainbow shark in a 2.65 gallon tank. I swear I'm gonna upgrade that tank for her if she doesn't!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homedog98
My friend, (that I forced to make an account here) has her albino rainbow shark in a 2.65 gallon tank. I swear I'm gonna upgrade that tank for her if she doesn't!!!
She will...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com