Whoo hoo! House sold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well unbeliveably, our house sold, in 2 days!!!!! Never even made it to the online listings! Now we have 3 months to find a new place and get all the tanks, cats and the bird moved. Not to mention all of our other stuff. 8O

Thanks guys and yes I do have more stuff. Found that out while going through some stuff. It's amazing what you acquire in 10 years. On the bright side, going to get rid of a ton of junk.

That is the best part of moving isn't it? Getting rid of all the junk. If we could, I would love to move at least once a year. I look at it as housecleaning. :D

That's why we can't move. James doesn't approve of it. lol All in all it's not bad, but trying to move that 150 gal tank is as hard as trying to move a stove by yourself down the steps. It's a pain and hard to fit through doors. We had to take it in and out the front window of our old apt because it wouldn't fit through the door. :D

I can imagine, I have the 125 and the 75 which will be the worst. The smaller ones not such a big deal but still it's a lot.

That is indeed great. I have only ever been on the buying end of the house purchase but I can imagen the stress one must go thru as a seller trying to keep the house looking great for the duration of the listing, etc.

I know they say its a sellers market but thats gotta be on the cutting edge of a record.

no record, here in edmonton Alberta right now. If you have a decent house and were to put in on the market today for a price. It will most likely have mult. offers for above list within a day. All the seller then does is pick the best offer/price/possesion. Oh and most offers that come in are condition free. try being a buyer in this market. you never know what to offer because someone will most likely bid higher.

I also see the reverse.

If we had not purchased our house when we did 5 years ago but would be looking now we would likey not be able to afford one sticking us to be in the no end in sight rental market. I am thinking of all those young couples whom would like to start a life in a house but cant because the housing market has vastly outpaced the income levels.

I am hearing stories now of people whom make fairly good money who are likly going to lose their house because of the housing increases have driven up property tax ammounts to a point where they cant afford to pay property tax on the houses

yup... I sell for a local home builder and I have clients who have over $100,000 in equity (not inc. dwn payment) and we haven't even finished the house yet. First time buyers are having a very hard time. Alot of young couples wait to try and save up more down payment and at the rate hous prices are going up they are actually going backwards for the down payment. sucks...

I've been looking into buying a house and I found a couple I might be able to afford.. but even after getting a new job and a hefty raise, the price of homes is rising so fast I cant even affrod the places now that I could a year ago.

On the bright side, going to get rid of a ton of junk.

Yard sale!! Good luck with the house hunting. Don't worry about the birds, fish or cats--they will move themselves (or maybe I was hit on the head during one of the last few moves :?).

Menagerie, I have read your advice for moving fish countless times. It is because you have had such success I believe it will be no problem.

My first house sold in 2 days as well. I'm beginning to wonder about me. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom