Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Oh yeah. Go Nats! (Used to be an Oriole fan).

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 06-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsdad
The Moose (Mike Mussina) is pitching most likely. He was my favorite when he played for the Orioles. Going against Pedro Martinez. Should be a great matchup! You got lucky with the rotation, I'd say.

Have fun!
Yeah I know! It's gonna be crazy!!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Wouldn't it be interesting if Pedro suffers another "meltdown" against the Yankees?

Just a thought.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

He should know who his "daddy" is by now.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 06-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsdad
He should know who his "daddy" is by now.
just in case he's forgotten, we'll be sure to remind him tonight

Old 06-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yeah i'm big time worried about pedro against the yankees...the only way i could see him pitching good against them was if he was on the devil rays since the yankees cant buy a win against them
Old 06-25-2005, 12:28 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Well, the game was super intense as I expected. The mets played extremely well (and that hurts me to admit!). The Yankees got robbed so many times I lost count! I stayed till the last out - which was an intense one considering we thought he was safe and then all of a sudden the game was over!

All in all a wonderful game.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:35 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

I watched the game on TV Lori. It was a good game despite the error by B. Williams that allowed the Met's to set a record for sacrifice flies in an inning (three). Those three runs proved to be the winning margin. Better luck next time.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Being a baseball traditionalist, I never cared much for expansion, the DH rule, and interleague play. The exception of course is Mets vs Yanks. Others may disagree but NY has to be the best baseball town in the U.S. Heck........ I don't even remember the Dodgers and Giants playing here but I'm still sore they moved.

Back to Mets vs Yanks..... It really gets the juices flowing in this town. Now I can't say that I actually hate the Yankees but I do enjoy it when they lose. Especially when the defeat comes at the hands of the METS.

To add to the contraversy, I'd like the Yankee fans here to explain something to me. Ya see, I feel rooting for the Yankees to win is like hoping the Saudis find more oil. They're just expected to win everything all of the time. So Yankee fans, how can you root for a team where the agony of defeat is greater than the thrill of victory?

Let's Go Mets!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Well Brian...since you asked:

Growing up in the Bronx...just a stones throw from Yankee Stadium created some interesting loyalities. On the one hand, when the Giants left the Polo Grounds, a lot of the older folks I grew up with were mad as h e (double hockey sticks). The children (that would be me) couldn't figure out what the fuss was about...Yankee Stadium was right there.

It was cheaper to take the kids to Yankee Stadium for a game...bleacher seats back then were $.50. The Yankee's fielded some interesting teams during the late 60's and early 70's...but they didn't win.

Fast forward to the mid 70's and all of a sudden, the Yanks start winning! My generation had never seen a winning Yankee team...we were all agog. The 1976 and 77 years were indeed special. This passion lasts because of the tradition of losing endured during the previous decades. I cannot speak for anyone under the age of 40, these folks have no conception.

So, from a life long Yankee fan...who lives in the Bronx, I hope you can understand the passion...so what we won for several years, resulting in Parades three years in a row? 8O For the record, I at least knew it wouldn't last forever. I'm comfortable with this.

(PS - I follow the Met's as well...since they are "The poor man's National League Team"...a phrase my elder's used when speaking of the defection of the Dodger's and Giants).

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com