Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Why all the arguments/bickering?

I've been reading a lot of threads lately where the person posting the thread has specific questions and when people are answering they're getting defensive and arguing.
It makes me want to jump in and ask them why they're asking in the first place if they know everything anyway! Just thought I'd put that out there.
Have a great Sunday everyone!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I get what you are saying. I think it comes with the territory. Everyone wants to believe they are doing everything right and people can get very defensive when being told they are not. I've been there done that. lol

And if someone suggest something wrong with the tank size, set up or what have you to someone they take a look at their fish being small and say no they are small I am far from being overstocked. Problem is it doesn't take long before next thing you know they have grown.

I have seen one person have a Bala in a 10 gal tank, you know where this thread went to. And the person got very defensive and then was going on about when it did out grow the tank they would use their bath tub, you know just stupidity with their answers.

Since joining this forum I have learnt a huge amount that I never knew one being most fish store give very very bad advice. If people could just be open to the help and advice others have for them, take the advice as you may. You can not expect to make a post and not hear some criticism if you are off on something. Ya gotta kind of have a thick skin I found.

It doesn't happen with all threads.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

+1 agreed its funny when other people argue on your topic and you really have no clue your just kinda stuck then or just go with both if possible
Old 10-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #4

I think it's hilarious when I start a thread and people start fighting. I just grab some popcorn and watch. But I have to admit I'm guilty of getting into a lot of fights on here. I have a really condescending nature. It's just my personality. So whenever I get into a fight it takes all my willpower to not post some sarcastic comeback that'd make the moderators mad lol. But then in the end they get annoying and the OP ends up even more confused with all the contradicting opinions.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I know!

I don't mind different opinions. It's when you blatantly tell us you have 30 fish in a 10 gallon and want to add more fish and snails and then wonder why everyone is saying no.
Then you say you're going to get a 20 gallon and everyone said a 30+ would be better! And you say no to the 30 AND re-homing fish.
Then seriously the person asks how long will it take for them to die?
I wanted to SMACK that person.
It's comical sometimes... But some people just don't know when to take good advice! You're logging in, posting a thread ASKING FOR ADVICE! Agh!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl1385
I know!

I don't mind different opinions. It's when you blatantly tell us you have 30 fish in a 10 gallon and want to add more fish and snails and then wonder why everyone is saying no.
Then you say you're going to get a 20 gallon and everyone said a 30+ would be better! And you say no to the 30 AND re-homing fish.
It's comical sometimes... But some people just don't know when to take good advice! You're logging in, posting a thread ASKING FOR ADVICE! Agh!
You know the thing about the person having way too many fish in a ten gallon, then ey said they might be getting a 20g and we all said a 30g or rehome the fish and they said no to both of them happened the other day!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl1385 View Post
I know!

OMG I was on that thread too! When that person said "I am not ignorant" i was so tempted to reply "could've fooled me" but I'd probably get banned or something.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ya that thread was crazy. They were baiting everyone in with their smartass comments. Specially the one of rehoming all those fish to a 5 gal. Some people are just best left alone and not to deal with. Doesn't make it is easy now when that person comes back in with health issue's with their fish to help.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl1385
I know!

Guys im not sure that person would appreciate you guys talking about him/her on this thread. I dont think you guys should discuss specific examples because people wont like it.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sometimes people need to get the frustrations out. No one is naming names, nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com