Why all the arguments/bickering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerseyGirl1385

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been reading a lot of threads lately where the person posting the thread has specific questions and when people are answering they're getting defensive and arguing.
It makes me want to jump in and ask them why they're asking in the first place if they know everything anyway! Just thought I'd put that out there.
Have a great Sunday everyone!

I get what you are saying. I think it comes with the territory. Everyone wants to believe they are doing everything right and people can get very defensive when being told they are not. I've been there done that. lol

And if someone suggest something wrong with the tank size, set up or what have you to someone they take a look at their fish being small and say no they are small I am far from being overstocked. Problem is it doesn't take long before next thing you know they have grown.

I have seen one person have a Bala in a 10 gal tank, you know where this thread went to. And the person got very defensive and then was going on about when it did out grow the tank they would use their bath tub, you know just stupidity with their answers.

Since joining this forum I have learnt a huge amount that I never knew one being most fish store give very very bad advice. If people could just be open to the help and advice others have for them, take the advice as you may. You can not expect to make a post and not hear some criticism if you are off on something. Ya gotta kind of have a thick skin I found. :)

It doesn't happen with all threads. :)

+1 agreed its funny when other people argue on your topic and you really have no clue your just kinda stuck then or just go with both if possible

I think it's hilarious when I start a thread and people start fighting. I just grab some popcorn and watch. But I have to admit I'm guilty of getting into a lot of fights on here. I have a really condescending nature. It's just my personality. So whenever I get into a fight it takes all my willpower to not post some sarcastic comeback that'd make the moderators mad lol. But then in the end they get annoying and the OP ends up even more confused with all the contradicting opinions.

I know!

I don't mind different opinions. It's when you blatantly tell us you have 30 fish in a 10 gallon and want to add more fish and snails and then wonder why everyone is saying no.
Then you say you're going to get a 20 gallon and everyone said a 30+ would be better! And you say no to the 30 AND re-homing fish.
Then seriously the person asks how long will it take for them to die?
I wanted to SMACK that person.
It's comical sometimes... But some people just don't know when to take good advice! You're logging in, posting a thread ASKING FOR ADVICE! Agh!

JerseyGirl1385 said:
I know!

I don't mind different opinions. It's when you blatantly tell us you have 30 fish in a 10 gallon and want to add more fish and snails and then wonder why everyone is saying no.
Then you say you're going to get a 20 gallon and everyone said a 30+ would be better! And you say no to the 30 AND re-homing fish.
It's comical sometimes... But some people just don't know when to take good advice! You're logging in, posting a thread ASKING FOR ADVICE! Agh!

You know the thing about the person having way too many fish in a ten gallon, then ey said they might be getting a 20g and we all said a 30g or rehome the fish and they said no to both of them happened the other day!

I know!

OMG I was on that thread too! When that person said "I am not ignorant" i was so tempted to reply "could've fooled me" but I'd probably get banned or something.

Ya that thread was crazy. They were baiting everyone in with their smartass comments. Specially the one of rehoming all those fish to a 5 gal. Some people are just best left alone and not to deal with. Doesn't make it is easy now when that person comes back in with health issue's with their fish to help.

JerseyGirl1385 said:
I know!

Guys im not sure that person would appreciate you guys talking about him/her on this thread. I dont think you guys should discuss specific examples because people wont like it.

Sometimes people need to get the frustrations out. No one is naming names, nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

I'm just venting. That thread was seriously frustrating. I unsuscribed in the end it just wasn't even worth my time. No one's naming names.

You dont have to name names to know exactly who you are talking about... Just letting you know this isnt a private thread and everyone can see it, even the person we all know you guys are talking about.

Just throwin that out there

I know, but you have to take into consideration that we were all genuinely trying to help this person.
I'm not naming names and neither is anyone else.
However, my main reason for this thread is to get it off my chest bc it upset me so much and I'm not the only one who was bothered by it.

I'm hoping that maybe those particular people or other people who think about "arguing" and being smart a$$e$ will think twice.
We all take time out of our days to jump on here and help. Wether it be knowing the answers, looking it up or asking another member.

I've had answers I didn't like. That I didn't agree with. I'm not thick skinned but I would NEVER start an argument with someone if I POSTED A THREAD ASKING FOR HELP.

I'm sorry if I upset anyone, that wasn't my intention.

I know, but you have to take into consideration that we were all genuinely trying to help this person.
I'm not naming names and neither is anyone else.
However, my main reason for this thread is to get it off my chest bc it upset me so much and I'm not the only one who was bothered by it.

I'm hoping that maybe those particular people or other people who think about "arguing" and being smart a$$e$ will think twice.
We all take time out of our days to jump on here and help. Wether it be knowing the answers, looking it up or asking another member.

I've had answers I didn't like. That I didn't agree with. I'm not thick skinned but I would NEVER start an argument with someone if I POSTED A THREAD ASKING FOR HELP.

I'm sorry if I upset anyone, that wasn't my intention.

Hun, your fine.. You didn't do or say anything wrong.... :). We all need to get our frustrations out.

Thanks Calypso!

And thanks for everyone who commented! I feel great!

On a lighter note, here's some pictures of my electric blue crayfish babies (who knows if that's what they are bc my LFS sold me German Blue Rams and I don't know if that's what it is!)

Have a great rest of your Sunday!
Giants are WINNING BABY!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-956926696.jpg
    image-956926696.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1808159738.jpg
    image-1808159738.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1528886870.jpg
    image-1528886870.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3379226930.jpg
    image-3379226930.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image-1084757982.jpg
    image-1084757982.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 65
Nu-Nu the eel said:
You dont have to name names to know exactly who you are talking about... Just letting you know this isnt a private thread and everyone can see it, even the person we all know you guys are talking about.

Just throwin that out there

Sage advice Nu-Nu. Personally, I try to abandon those threads and find another one without the middle school arguing.

You should be a mod IMO.

It's quite odd isn't it, everybody makes mistakes and needs advice to get back on track; why people then go and ignore the advice is beyond me!

I quite agree it would be wrong to criticise if the advice were unsolicited...

Back
Top Bottom