Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Why Did You Join AA?

I guess this is more a rant then a thread but is it just me or does it seem more and more people are joining this site and pretty much refusing any constructive critisizm or helpful advice..If your willing to take the time to find and join this site why not listen to what the members say? I mean for the most part you have very experienced aquarists on here some with decades and decades of fish keeping (sorry if I made you feel old lol..) but to wrap this up I just want people to realize we don't gain anything by getting on here and trying to help its just that we want to help so please stop getting upset when you here you've made a mistake and people try to tell you how to fix it

Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

i joined after a month or so of being a guest. i joined bcuz everyone here are always trying to help you and give you their knowledge. People reply to your threads really fast, and the people on here are great.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

hmm i read that wrong lol, anyway thats why i joined AA.
i need to stop skimming stuff when i read lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
I actually joined just to join. Never expected to spend most of my free time here, but everyone is so nice here and it sucked me in lol
Old 04-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
come get me tang police!

I initially joined here to call out some bad information and have been doing so ever since. :P

As far as the rant part of the OP, this happens all the time, people bounce from forum to forum waiting to find someone who will tell them what they want to hear. All you can do is say your piece and hope it sinks in one day.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I joined before i even had a tank. My furaf thread was when i was daydreaming about aa 40g i wanted to get with every type of gourami in it, like 4 coming plecos and like ten million neons. It's weird to are how dumb i was lol. I think the most valuable lesson on here to learn is that u MUST READ and research eeeeeverything. This will clear a lot of stuff up and the rest can be resolved on here
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #7
dtz
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Because I had 7 fish that died and I realized that I had no clue what I was doing so I wanted constructive feedback about my new fish and plus I enjoy reading the information. I don't even have to go to the library!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

For the most part I joined to gain a better knowledge of fish keeping. I really didn't know that forms like this existed until I stumbled across this one and then BAM! I just had to join. I also enjoy sharing what little knowledge I have

Finding this form is the best thing that ever happened to me and my fish! Thanks you to everyone with your vast knowledge of this wonderful hobby that have tried to help my poor helplessness :P thanks again!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
I guess this is more a rant then a thread but is it just me or does it seem more and more people are joining this site and pretty much refusing any constructive critisizm or helpful advice..If your willing to take the time to find and join this site why not listen to what the members say? I mean for the most part you have very experienced aquarists on here some with decades and decades of fish keeping (sorry if I made you feel old lol..) but to wrap this up I just want people to realize we don't gain anything by getting on here and trying to help its just that we want to help so please stop getting upset when you here you've made a mistake and people try to tell you how to fix it
I joined this site because it looked like this one had people on it who would take a 13 year old seriously. I originally wanted to just ask a question or two about Fire Eels and nitrates, but I got hooked...

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I joined when I realized that hard-core research was going to be part of my fishkeeping experience. I figured how better to learn than from all of your mistakes.......

You're always going to find people who come on seeking that one member who might agree with what they're looking to do, no matter how wrong it may be. But once their entire tank dies off, they usually come back with more of an open mind. I think the majority of newbies really want to get good advice and then follow it. It's just a few that make you want to pluck your fingernails out.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com